OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative - Solicitation
The summary for the OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative - Solicitation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office on Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative - Solicitation: This program is authorized by 34 U.S.C.§ 12291(b)(11). The primary purpose of the OVW Training and Technical Assistance (TA) Initiative is to provide direct TA to existing and potential grantees and sub-grantees to enhance and support their efforts to successfully implement projects supported by OVW grant funds. OVW's TA Initiative is designed to build the capacity of justice system professionals and victim service organizations to respond effectively to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking and foster partnerships among organizations that have not traditionally worked together to address these crimes. For additional information about this program and related performance measures, including how awards contribute to the achievement of program goals and objectives, see: OVW grant program information: OVW Grants and Programs Webpage. Program performance measures under the Measuring Effectiveness Initiative: VAWA Measuring Effectiveness Initiative webpage. Program-specific sections in OVW's most recent report to Congress on the effectiveness of VAWA grant programs. About the OVW Domestic Violence Mentor Courts Technical Assistance Initiative Specialized courts can be an efficient structure for addressing domestic violence. As domestic violence courts continue to develop across the country, jurisdictions developing specialized courts routinely seek examples for best practices. Since FY 2013, OVW has been engaged in efforts to develop and disseminate best practices for domestic violence courts by funding mentor court sites. The OVW Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative (Mentor Court Initiative) creates a unique opportunity to recognize well-established specialized courts and enable them to guide novice or developing courts and court-based programs that wish to significantly improve their responses to domestic violence cases and ensure victim safety and offender accountability. These well-established courts successfully serve as national models and share their expertise by hosting site visits, linking courts with peers facing similar challenges, and assisting other domestic violence courts to implement best practices to respond effectively to these difficult cases.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative - Solicitation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office on Violence Against Women (USDOJ-OJP-OVW)|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||O-OVW-2023-171533|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 20th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 20th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 1st, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 1st, 2023|
|Archive Date:||June 1st, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 1st, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to: State, tribal, territorial, or local courts that are either current OVW Domestic Violence Mentor Court Initiative grantees or new applicants with an existing specialized court system for handling domestic violence cases in the United States or U.S. territories. For more information, see the Eligibility Information section of this solicitation.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email OVW at OVW.JFF@usdoj.gov. Alternatively, interested parties may call OVW at 202-307-6026.
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2021 National Service Line for Incarcerated Survivors of Sexual Abuse Soli...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2020 COVID-19/Violence Against Women Assistance to Tribes
- • OVW FY 2020 Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative Solicitation
- • OVW FY 2017 Technical Assistance Outreach Initiative to Strengthen Indian Tribes Cap...
- • OVW FY 2017 Domestic Violence Mentor Court Technical Assistance Initiative
- More Grants from the Office on Violence Against Women
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Reduce Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, ...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Tribal Sexual Assault Services Program - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Strengthening Culturally Specific Campus’ Approaches to Address...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Rural Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, and Stalkin...