OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response - Solicitation
The summary for the OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response - Solicitation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office on Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response - Solicitation: This program is authorized by 34 U.S.C. §§ 10461-10465 and implemented through regulations at 28 C.F.R. Part 90, Subpart D. The Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response Program (ICJR Program) (CFDA# 16.590) encourages state, local, and tribal governments, and courts to improve the criminal justice response to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking as serious violations of criminal law, and to seek safety and autonomy for victims, by requiring the coordinated involvement of the entire criminal justice system. The foundation of the ICJR Program is a Coordinated Community Response (CCR). A CCR brings together a diverse group of community partners to work together to address the widespread impact of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking and to provide multiple pathways to support, healing, and accountability for families. For additional information about this program and related performance measures, including how awards contribute to the achievement of program goals and objectives, see: OVW grant program information: OVW Grants and Programs Webpage. Program performance measures under the Measuring Effectiveness Initiative: VAWA Measuring Effectiveness Initiative webpage. Program-specific sections in OVW's most recent report to Congress on the effectiveness of VAWA grant programs. What's New About this OVW Program As a result of the passage of the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2022 (VAWA 2022), the following changes have been made to the ICJR Program: Applicants may now apply to support comprehensive civil legal services, outside of assistance seeking orders of protection. Applications that include civil legal services must limit direct civil legal services to no more than 30% of project activities. Applicants may apply to two new purpose areas: (25) developing statewide databases on sexual assault nurse examiners; and (26) supporting alternative methods of reducing crime in communities that supplant "punitive" programs or policies (i.e., ones that penalize victims for requesting law enforcement or emergency assistance or because of criminal activity at a victim's residence); and Applicant jurisdictions (other than courts) must certify that: (1) no later than three years after receiving their first award post VAWA 2022, their laws, policies, and practices ensure that prosecutors' offices implement training on victim-centered approaches in domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking cases; and also have in place victim-centered polices, and protocols disfavoring the use of material witness petitions and bench warrants to obtain victim-witness testimony; and (2) their laws, policies, and practices prohibit prosecution of a minor for prostitution. Additional changes to the ICJR Program include: Applicants may no longer propose more than 50% of grant funds to be used to develop and disseminate training as a grant deliverable; If an application proposes to pass through more than 50% of grant funds to one organization, the applicant must include an explanation of why the entity receiving the funds did not apply as the lead applicant.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response - Solicitation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office on Violence Against Women (USDOJ-OJP-OVW)|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||O-OVW-2023-171488|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 20th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 20th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 10th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 10th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||June 23rd, 2024|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$375,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||60|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 10th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to: States, Indian Tribal Governments; state and local courts (including juvenile courts); units of local government; state, tribal, or territorial domestic violence or sexual assault coalitions; or victim service providers in the United States or U.S. territories. For more information, see the Eligibility Information section of this solicitation.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email OVW at OVW.ICJR@usdoj.gov Alternatively, interested parties may call OVW at 202-307-6026.
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2022 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Domestic Violence, Dating Vio...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2021 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Domestic Violence, Dating Vio...
- • OVW FY 2020 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Se...
- • OVW FY 2019 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Se...
- • OVW FY 2018 Improving Criminal Justice Responses to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dat...
- • FY 2006 Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies and Enforcement of Protection Orders
- • FY 2004 OVW Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies and Enforcement of Protection Orders Progr...
- • FY 2005 OVW Grants to Encourage Arrest Policies And Enforcement of Protection Orders
- More Grants from the Office on Violence Against Women
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 STOP Formula Grant Program - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Sexual Assault Services Formula Program - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Reduce Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, ...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Tribal Sexual Assault Services Program - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Strengthening Culturally Specific Campus’ Approaches to Address...