OVW Fiscal Year 2023 STOP Formula Grant Program - Solicitation
The summary for the OVW Fiscal Year 2023 STOP Formula Grant Program - Solicitation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office on Violence Against Women, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVW Fiscal Year 2023 STOP Formula Grant Program - Solicitation: This program is authorized by 34 U.S.C. §§ 10441, 10446-10451, 10454. The Services * Training * Officers * Prosecutors (STOP) Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program (STOP Formula Grant Program) (CFDA 16.588) supports communities, including American Indian tribes and Alaska Native villages, in their efforts to develop and strengthen effective responses to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. For additional information about this program and related performance measures, including how awards contribute to the achievement of program goals and objectives, see: OVW grant program information: OVW Grants and Programs Webpage. Program performance measures under the Measuring Effectiveness Initiative: VAWA Measuring Effectiveness Initiative webpage. Program-specific sections in OVW's most recent report to Congress on the effectiveness of VAWA grant programs. What's New About this OVW Program Legal assistance has been added to purpose areas five and nine. Representation of victims in post-conviction relief proceedings with respect to the conviction of a victim related to or arising from domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking of the victim is now allowable. Note: criminal defense of victims charged with crimes is still out-of-scope. There are four new purpose areas (21-24), related to improved evidence collection; culturally specific services for victims of female genital mutilation or cutting; victim advocates in state or local law enforcement, prosecution, and courts for Indian victims; and fees for birth certificates, passports, and identification cards. There are two new certification requirements: one regarding training for victim-centered prosecution and one regarding compliance with the applicable conditions of 34 U.S.C. 12291(b). States must submit an Implementation Plan Amendment. Please see the Implementation Plan Update or No Amendments Letter section of this solicitation for details on what must be included in the amendment.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVW Fiscal Year 2023 STOP Formula Grant Program - Solicitation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office on Violence Against Women (USDOJ-OJP-OVW)|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||O-OVW-2023-171624|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 12th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||April 5th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||April 5th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||June 30th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$17,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$616,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||56|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||April 5th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to: any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Specifically, only the designated state office, pursuant to 28 C.F.R. § 90.11, may apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, email OVW at OVW.STOP@usdoj.gov. Alternatively, interested parties may call OVW at 202-307-6026.
- Similar Government Grants
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2022 STOP Formula Grant Program Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2021 STOP Formula Grant Program Solicitation
- • OVW FY 2014 STOP Formula Grant Program
- • OVW FY 2013 STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program
- • Office of Violence Against Women Grant
- • FY 2004 OVW Grants to State Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Coalitions Program
- • OVW FY 2010 STOP Violence Against Women Formula Grant Program
- More Grants from the Office on Violence Against Women
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Sexual Assault Services Formula Program - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Improve the Criminal Justice Response - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Grants to Reduce Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault, ...
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Tribal Sexual Assault Services Program - Solicitation
- • OVW Fiscal Year 2023 Strengthening Culturally Specific Campus’ Approaches to Address...