Ocean Exploration Fiscal Year 2021 Funding Opportunity
The summary for the Ocean Exploration Fiscal Year 2021 Funding Opportunity grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ocean Exploration Fiscal Year 2021 Funding Opportunity: NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration & Research (OER) is soliciting proposals for ocean exploration in waters under U.S. jurisdiction, including the U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). OER is interested in projects that provide data and information that may inform ocean-related segments of the U.S. economy through mapping, characterization, and exploration of the deep seafloor and water column of the U.S. EEZ as well as marine cultural heritage in U.S. waters. OER is soliciting proposals for three themes: OCEAN EXPLORATION. Ocean exploration to inform management, sustainable use, and conservation of marine resources in poorly explored deep ocean areas of the U.S. EEZ. Areas proposed for exploration and/or initial characterization must be at water depths of 200 m or more. TECHNOLOGY. Application of new or novel use of existing ocean technologies or innovative methods that increase the scope and efficiency of acquiring ocean exploration data and improve usability of and access to ocean exploration data. Proposed technologies must be applicable to water depths of 200 m or greater, though testing in shallower water or lab-based testing will be supported. Technology testing may occur outside of U.S. waters. MARINE ARCHAEOLOGY. Discovery and characterization of underwater cultural heritage to inform decisions on preservation and seabed use, and to identify sources of potential environmental impacts. Marine archaeology proposals can be conducted in any water depth within the U.S. EEZ. Informational documents on this funding opportunity are accessible through the OER website: https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/about/funding-opps/welcome.html. For the purpose of this opportunity, costs for ship time and/or other ocean data collection platform support (remotely operated vehicles, autonomous underwater vehicles, etc.) are considered rental costs and therefore are not included in Modified Total Direct Cost (MTDC). The exception is for institutions with a federal negotiated Indirect Cost (IDC) Rate agreement that covers these charges. Note: Ship time on the NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer will not be funded through this announcement. The following checklists are provided to aid in preparing your application. Pre-proposal stage (due July 8, 2020): 1. OER FFO cover sheet 2. Pre-proposal, max 2 pages Submit by email to: email@example.com Full proposal stage (due October 22, 2020): 1. Updated OER FFO cover sheet 2. Executive summary, max 1 page 3. Project narrative, max 15 pages 4. Data and information sharing plan, max 2 pages 5. Outreach and education plan, max 1 page 6. Statement of diversity and inclusion 7. Previous significant results 8. Summary of current funding support for each principal investigator 9. Curriculum vitae, max 2 pages per each principal investigator 10. Budget justification and budget tables 11. (if applicable) Negotiated Indirect Cost (IDC) Rate memo 12. NEPA questionnaire 13. (optional) Letters of support, e.g. from local State Historic Preservation Office 14. (non-federal only) Forms: SF-424, SF-424A, SF-424B, SF-LLL, Unpaid Tax Liability 15. (optional) Suggested reviewers All documents required at the full proposal stage must be submitted individually through Grants.gov.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ocean Exploration Fiscal Year 2021 Funding Opportunity|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment, Natural Resources, Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-OER-2021-2006431|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 22nd, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 22nd, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 28th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 28th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||November 21st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 9th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are U.S.-based institutions of higher education; non-profit institutions; state, local, and tribal governments; federal agencies; for-profit organizations; and U.S. territories that possess the statutory authority to accept funding for this type of work. PLEASE NOTE: Before non-NOAA federal applicants may be funded, they must affirm that they have legal authority to receive funds from another federal agency in excess of their appropriation. Because this announcement is not proposing to procure goods or services from the applicants, the Economy Act (31 U.S.C. section 1535) is not an appropriate basis. NOAA and other federal agencies that possess the statutory authority to accept funding for this type of work must agree to take FY 2021 funding for proposed projects (both one and two year projects) and allocate them in FY 2021.The DOC and NOAA support cultural and gender diversity and encourage women and minority individuals and groups to submit applications to this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). In addition, DOC/NOAA is strongly committed to broadening the participation of historically black colleges and universities, Hispanic serving institutions, tribal colleges and universities, and institutions that work in underserved areas. DOC/NOAA encourages applications involving any of the above institutions.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For further information and for applicants without internet, contact the NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research at (301) 734-1014 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Email inquiries should include the Principal Investigator's name in the subject heading. Inquiries can also be mailed to: NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research, ATTN: OER FFO 20210, SSMC3, Rm 10316, 1315 East West Highway, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.
Work group email address
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ocean Exploration Fiscal Year 2020 Funding Opportunity
- • Ocean Exploration Fiscal Year 2019 Funding Opportunity
- • Ocean Exploration FY 2018 Funding Opportunity
- • Ocean Exploration FY 2017 Funding Opportunity
- • Ocean Exploration 2016 Funding Opportunity
- • FY11 Ocean Exploration and Research (OER) Appropriations - Ocean Exploration (OE) of the A...
- • Fiscal Year 2011 Small Grants for Marine Archaeological Exploration
- • Ocean Exploration 2014 Funding Opportunity
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • FY 2020 SPRINT Challenge
- • FY2021 to FY2023 NOAA Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • FY21 Regional Ecosystem Research Program: Understanding Species’ Habitat Usage and C...
- • FY2021 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY 2021