Offshore Minerals Management Environmental Studies Program
The summary for the Offshore Minerals Management Environmental Studies Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Minerals Management Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Offshore Minerals Management Environmental Studies Program: The Environmental Studies Program (ESP) of the Minerals Management Service (MMS) is offering a cooperative agreement opportunity to conduct research in topics that meet the goals of the Minerals Management Service Offshore Minerals Management Program. The Offshore Minerals Management program oversees the exploration and development of oil, natural gas and other minerals and renewable energy alternatives on the nations outer continental shelf. Section 1346 of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCSLA) mandates the conduct of environmental and socioeconomic studies needed for the assessment and management of environmental impacts on the human, marine, and coastal environments which may be affected by oil and gas or other mineral development. Section 1345 of the OCSLA authorizes the use of cooperative agreements with affected States to meet the requirements of OCSLA, including sharing of information, joint utilization of available expertise, formation of joint monitoring arrangements to carry out applicable Federal and State laws, regulations, and stipulations relevant to outer continental shelf operations both onshore and offshore.
|Federal Grant Title:||Offshore Minerals Management Environmental Studies Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Minerals Management Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||MMS08HQPA0003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Minerals Management Service (MMS) Environmental Studies Program (ESP)|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 29, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jan 11, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jan 16, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 30, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- OLIVIA ADRIAN
Phone 703-787-1151 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • AK-20-06-Subsistence Harvest and Iñupiaq Knowledge of Beluga Whales for Kaktovik, Ala...
- • NT-20-05 : High Resolution Modeling of the Gulf of Mexico.
- • GM-17-11 Support for Streamlined Socioeconomic Impact Assessments of Offshore Energy Devel...
- • GM-20-01B Assessing the Impact of Seismic Airguns on Commercially and Recreationally-impor...
- • MM-20-02-Sandbridge Highly Migratory Species: Fish Distribution on a Dredged Shoal
- • FY 07 Environmental Studies Program
- • Center for Marine Resources and Environmental Technology (CMRET) Gas Hydrates Research Pro...
- • FY 2008 Environmental Studies Program
- More Grants from the Minerals Management Service
- • Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) for Construction (Alaska Recipients Only)
- • Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) for Construction (California Recipients Only)
- • Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) for Construction (Alabama Recipients Only)
- • Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) for Construction (Texas Recipients Only)
- • Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP) for Construction (Mississippi Recipients Only)