The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-042909-002 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-042909-002: Funding Opportunity Text Description: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) Program is to strengthen PBIs to carry out programs in the following areas: Science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM); health education; internationalization or globalization; teacher preparation; or improving educational outcomes of African-American males. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.382A. Applications for grants under the Predominantly Black Institutions Program, CFDA number 84.382A, must be submitted electronically using e-Application, accessible through the Department's e-Grants Web site at http://e-grants.ed.gov. While completing your electronic application, you will be entering data online that will be saved into a database. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-042909-002|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-042909-002|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Strengthening Minority-Serving Institutions|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 29, 2009 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 29, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Apr 29, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 29, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 28, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Your institution must be designated as an eligible applicant under Title III of the HEA. The regulations can be found in 34 CFR 607.2 through 607.5. In addition, your institution must: (a) Have an enrollment of needy students as defined by section 371(c)(3) of the HEA. The term enrollment of needy students means the enrollment at an institution of higher education with respect to which not less than 50 percent of the undergraduate students enrolled in an academic program leading to a degree-- (i) In the second fiscal year preceding the fiscal year for which the determination is made, were Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 firstname.lastname@example.org Program Managers: Blanca Rodriguez Teacher and Student Development Programs Service U.S. Department of Education 1990 K Street, NW., room 6162 Washington, DC 20006-8515 Telephone: (202) 502-7728, or e-mail: email@example.com or Sara Starke Teacher and Student Development Programs Service U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street, NW., room 6019, Washington, DC 20006-8515 Telephone: (202) 502-7688, or e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Predominantly Black Institutions Competitive Grant Program CFDA Number 382A
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions (N...
- • American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions Program CFDA 84.382B
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Predominantly Black Institutions Competitive Gran...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Overview Information Predominantly Black Institutions P...
- • Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions (NASNTI) Programs, CFDA Number 84.382C
- • Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISI), CFDA ...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...