The summary for the Opportunity NNH08ZTT003N grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the NASA Headquarters, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity NNH08ZTT003N: NNH08ZTT003N, entitled, "Research Opportunities for Fundamental Space Biology Investigations in Microbial, Plant and Cell Biology," will be available on or about June 6, 2008, by opening the NASA Research Opportunities homepage at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ and then linking through the menu listings "Solicitations" to "Open Solicitations." This Exploration Systems Mission Directorate (ESMD) Advanced Capabilities Division National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Research Announcement (NRA) solicits ground based research in the fundamental space biology areas of microbial, plant and cell biology. Fundamental space biology addresses basic questions of how life responds to gravity and space environments. The force of gravity plays a major role in shaping life into its myriad forms. Fundamental space biology uses ground based space environment analogs supplemented with space based investigations to probe the fundamental nature of life in order to enhance our understanding of how life responds to physical phenomena and physical forces on Earth and serve as the basic biological foundation in support of exploration. Notices of Intent are due on July 7, 2008, and proposals are due on September 8, 2008. Proposals are required to be submitted electronically and must be submitted by an authorized official of the proposing organization. Participation is open to all categories of organizations, including educational institutions, industry, nonprofit organizations, NASA centers, and other Government agencies. Electronic proposals may be submitted via the NASA Proposal data system NSPIRES or via Grants.gov. Every organization that intends to submit a proposal in response to this NRA must be registered with NSPIRES, and such registration must identify the authorized organizational representative(s) who will submit the electronic proposal. Instructions on how to register with NSPIRES is described in the NRA. Each electronic proposal system places requirements on the registration of principal investigators and other participants (e.g. co-investigators). Potential proposers and proposing organizations are urged to access the system(s) well in advance of the proposal due date(s) of interest to familiarize themselves with its structure and enter the requested information. Questions concerning responding to this NRA may be addressed to the contacts referenced in the full solicitation document. This is a broad agency announcement as specified in FAR 6.102 (d)(2). Notwithstanding the posting of this opportunity at FedBizOpps.gov, nspires.nasaprs.com, or Grants.gov, NASA reserves the right to determine the appropriate award instrument for each proposal selected pursuant to this announcement.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity NNH08ZTT003N|
|Federal Agency Name:||NASA Headquarters|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NNH08ZTT003N|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 24, 2008 Proposal due date pos|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 19, 2008 Propo|
|Posted Date:||May 28, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Sep 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 15, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Participation is open to all categories of organizations, including educational institutions, industry, nonprofit organizations, NASA centers, and other Government agencies.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jacob Cohen Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org Cassandra Williams email@example.com NAIS Support firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct questions about this funding announcement to: [Jacob.email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • CreateAdobeSYN
- • TEST-OPPORTUNITY
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do not submit
- • IVV S2S Testing - Do Not Submit!
- • Opportunity Notice for Partners to Assist NETL in Adapting CCSI Tool Set
- More Grants from the NASA Headquarters
- • ROSES 2019: Akatsuki Participating Scientist Program
- • ROSES 2019: Gravity/Radio Science Team for the Europa Clipper Mission
- • ROSES 2019: Astrophysics Science SmallSat Studies
- • ROSES 2019: Earth Science Research from Operational Geostationary Satellite Systems
- • Smallsat Technology Partnerships