The summary for the Opportunity PA-06-452 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-06-452: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to stimulate research in the behavioral and social sciences on the consequences of natural and man-made disasters for the health of children, the elderly, and vulnerable groups, with an ultimate goal of preventing or mitigating harmful consequences. Examples of disasters include severe weather-related events, earthquakes, large-scale attacks on civilian populations, technological catastrophes or perceived catastrophes, and influenza pandemics. Three NIH Institutes are sponsoring this program announcement. The National Institute on Aging is interested in research on the elderly in disasters, especially elderly residents of institutions and frail elderly in the community. The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development is interested in research on children and other vulnerable populations in disasters. The National Institute of Nursing Research is interested in research that will develop interventions to improve outcomes for persons affected by natural and man-made disasters.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-06-452|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-452|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Contraception and Infertility Research Loan Repayment Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2009 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jun 09, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 07, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply. Applicants may submit more than one application, provided each application is scientifically distinct.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Opportunity PAR-09-120
- • Pharmacogenomics Research Network (U01/U19)
- • Opportunity PA-08-193
- • Opportunity PA-08-192
- • Behavioral and Social Research on Disasters and Health (R01)
- • Behavioral and Social Research on Disasters and Health (R03)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...