Other Needs Assistance - Lost Wages
The summary for the Other Needs Assistance - Lost Wages grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Homeland Security - FEMA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Other Needs Assistance - Lost Wages: In an effort to help ease the financial burden on those who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, President Trump has authorized FEMA to use Stafford Act disaster relief funds to provide supplemental payments for lost wages due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Up to $44 billion in Disaster Relief Funding is available to support this initiative. To help meet the needs of the American people, the FEMA Administrator is authorized to award grants to state and territory governments to administer supplemental payments for lost wages under Other Needs Assistance, in accordance with section 408 (e)(2) of the Stafford Act (42 U.S.C. 5174 (e)(2)) and 44 C.F.R. §206.119(c)(6)(ii) for major disasters declared by the President pursuant to section 401 of the Stafford Act (42 U.S.C.§ 5170) for COVID-19. When submitting your final grant application, ensure a complete application is provided. A complete application includes all of the forms outlined in the following link https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/supplemental-payments-lost-wages filled out in all required sections and signed. The signed State Administrative Plan must include State or Territory specific procedures for implementation of the grant.
|Federal Grant Title:||Other Needs Assistance - Lost Wages|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Homeland Security - FEMA (DHS-DHS)|
|Grant Categories:||Disaster Prevention and Relief|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-20-ONA-050-00-99|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 10th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 10th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||August 10th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||August 10th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||October 10th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$44,000,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||56|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||August 26th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- U.S. Territory Governments and the District of Columbia are eligible applicants.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- FEMA Individual Assistance Division, Individuals and Households Program Branch
FEMA Individual Assistance Division, Individuals and Households Program Branch
- More Grants from the Department of Homeland Security - FEMA
- • FY20 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • FY20 Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 National Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Response System Readin...
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Homeland Security National Training Program (HSNTP) - Continuing Tra...