PFINDR: Phenotype Finder IN Data Resources: A Tool to Support Cross-study Data Discovery Among NHLBI Genomic Studies (UH2/UH3)
The summary for the PFINDR: Phenotype Finder IN Data Resources: A Tool to Support Cross-study Data Discovery Among NHLBI Genomic Studies (UH2/UH3) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
PFINDR: Phenotype Finder IN Data Resources: A Tool to Support Cross-study Data Discovery Among NHLBI Genomic Studies (UH2/UH3): Purpose. This FOA invites applications for projects that propose to develop and apply advanced informatics approaches to categorize phenotypic measures in multiple datasets in data repositories to help researchers identify potentially relevant genomic studies across cardiovascular, lung, blood, and sleep research domains. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH two-phased Exploratory/Developmental (UH2/UH3) cooperative agreement mechanism. The program will be funded in two phases, as allowed by this mechanism. The initial two-year, milestone-driven pilot phase (UH2) will allow investigators to implement phenotype mappings in their proposed heart, lung, blood and sleep scientific focus area(s) using dbGaP or an equivalent public database. The results of the pilot (UH2) phase will be used to support the scale-up phase (UH3), which will be awarded after administrative review to select the project that has demonstrated the most useful and extensible approach to phenotype mapping. The UH3 phase will apply the approach successfully demonstrated in the UH2 phase to a broader array of heart, lung, blood, and sleep phenotypic variables within dbGaP. The UH2/UH3 application must be submitted as a single application, and applicants should note specific instructions for each phase in this FOA. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount of funds available for these awards is $2 million total costs for the pilot phase (UH2) in FY11-12 and $3 million total costs for the UH3 in FY 13-15. Up to two UH2 and one UH3 awards are anticipated from this solicitation. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||PFINDR: Phenotype Finder IN Data Resources: A Tool to Support Cross-study Data Discovery Among NHLBI Genomic Studies (UH2/UH3)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-11-020|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center on Sleep Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 08, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 08, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 16, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Multidisciplinary Approaches to HIV-Associated Comorbidities and Prioritizing Intervention...
- • Using Syndemics to Understand HLBS Disease Emergence and Progression in People with HIV (P...
- • Emergency Awards: RADx-rad Predicting Viral-Associated Inflammatory Disease Severity in Ch...
- • Hybrid Effectiveness-Implementation Trials for Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Diseases in t...
- • Implementation Research to Improve Case Finding, Cascade Screening, and Treatment for Fami...
- • Ancillary Studies in Clinical Trials (R01)
- • Opportunity PA-08-021
- • Research Demonstration and Dissemination Grants (R18)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...