Personal Responsibility Education Program Innovative Strategies (PREIS)
The summary for the Personal Responsibility Education Program Innovative Strategies (PREIS) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Personal Responsibility Education Program Innovative Strategies (PREIS): This Notice of Funding Opportunity is modified in Section I. Program Description to include PREIS Goals and Objectives, and Target Population. The Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families', Family and Youth Services Bureau announces the availability of funds to be awarded as cooperative agreements under the Personal Responsibility Education Program Innovative Strategies (PREIS) program. In cooperative agreement awards, the Federal Government is seen as a partner of the grantee and has substantial involvement in the project. ACYF/FYSB will provide substantial involvement beyond the usual communication, such as conference calls and site visits. The purpose of the PREIS program is to fund projects to implement and conduct a rigorous evaluation of innovative adolescent pregnancy prevention strategies. The services are targeted to high-risk, vulnerable, and culturally under-represented youth populations, which includes but is not limited to youth in foster care, homeless youth, youth with HIV/AIDS, victims of human trafficking, pregnant women who are under 21 years of age and their partners, mothers who are under 21 years of age and their partners, and youth residing in areas with high birth rates for adolescents. PREP programs are required to a) educate adolescents on both abstinence and contraception for the prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS, and b) implement at least three out of six adulthood preparation subjects: healthy relationships, adolescent development, financial literacy, parent-child communication, educational and career success, and healthy life skills. Successful applicants are expected to implement rigorous impact evaluations conducted by third-party, independent evaluators. Acceptable evaluation designs include randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental studies, which require assignment or designation to either a treatment group or a control/comparison group.
|Federal Grant Title:||Personal Responsibility Education Program Innovative Strategies (PREIS)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB (HHS-ACF-FYSB)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2021-ACF-ACYF-AP-1928|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 26th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 26th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||June 15th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||June 15th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||August 25th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$900,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 7th, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- • Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants
- • Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants under the Affordable C...
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB
- • National Communication System for Runaway and Homeless Youth Program
- • FY 2023 Basic Center Program
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Sexual A...
- • Native Hawaiian Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- • Basic Center Program