Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants
The summary for the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants: The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Administration on Children, Youth and Families' (ACYF) Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) will be accepting applications from local organizations and entities, including faith-based organizations or consortia, for the development and implementation of the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) in states that did not accept FY2010 and FY2011 allocations for State PREP. The purpose of this program is to support projects that educate youth, between the ages of 10 and 19 years, and pregnant and parenting youth under age 21, on abstinence and contraception for the prevention of pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, and HIV/AIDS. Projects are also required to implement at least three of six adulthood preparation subjects.
|Federal Grant Title:||Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB (HHS-ACF-FYSB)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2021-ACF-ACYF-AK-1929|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 15th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 15th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||June 15th, 2021|
|Creation Date:||June 15th, 2021|
|Archive Date:||August 14th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$21,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||30|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 15th, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to local organizations and entities or consortia, with the capacity to develop and implement Competitive PREP projects in states and territories that did not accept FY2010 and FY2011 allocations for State PREP. The estimated award amount is based upon FY2021 funding available for Competitive PREP awards and is subject to change. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- • Personal Responsibility Education Program Innovative Strategies (PREIS)
- • Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants under the Affordable C...
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children Families ACYF FYSB
- • National Communication System for Runaway and Homeless Youth Program
- • FY 2023 Basic Center Program
- • Family Violence Prevention and Services Discretionary Grants: Culturally Specific Sexual A...
- • Native Hawaiian Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- • Basic Center Program