Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program
The summary for the Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program: The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is soliciting applications to administer a national subaward program supporting pesticide safety education programs with an emphasis on restricted use products (RUPs) for certified pesticide applicators. PSEPs are generally at universities designated as Land Grant Universities by the Morrill Act of 1862. The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) authorizes EPA to regulate the manufacture, sale, distribution, and use of pesticides. EPA classifies a pesticide as “restricted use” if it could pose an unreasonable risk to the user, other people, or the environment without added restrictions. Thus, RUPs are limited to use by, or under the supervision of, a certified applicator. Because this is a subaward program, the applicant awarded the cooperative agreement will be considered a “passthrough entity” as defined in the Uniform Grant Guidance at 2 CFR Part 200.The purpose of this program is to ensure that RUPs are used safely and do not cause unreasonable adverse effects to persons who use them, the public or the environment. The goal is to enable or increase the capacity of PSEPs to develop programs and materials for persons preparing to become or maintain certified pesticide applicators, who are deemed competent to use RUPs. Objectives are actions taken to establish and administer a subaward funding program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-OCSPP-OPP-2023-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 27th, 2023|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 27th, 2023|
|Posted Date:||March 13th, 2023|
|Creation Date:||March 13th, 2023|
|Archive Date:||May 27th, 2023|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 13th, 2023|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Please see Section III of the funding opportunity announcement for eligibility information.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ryne Yarger
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Pesticide Programs (Mail Code: 3204A)
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20460
Telephone: 202-566-2451, Email: email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2022 Region 4 Integrated Pest Management Grant
- • Projects to Advance the Safe Use of Pesticides
- • National Tribal Toxics Council (NTTC) Technical Support
- • Lead-Based Paint Program
- • Tribal Pesticide Program Council (TPPC) Technical Support
- • Strategic Agricultural Initiative Grant Program: FY 2006 Request for Proposals
- • Strategic Agricultural Initiative/Food Quality Protection Act Grant Program: FY 2006 Reque...
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • Fiscal Year 2023 National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program Solicit...
- • 2023 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • Region 8 Sustainable Materials Management Grant
- • Chesapeake Bay Program Office Fiscal Year 2023 Request for Applications for: Chesapeake Ba...
- • Wildfire Smoke Preparedness in Community Buildings