Postdoctoral Research Training for Obstetricians and Gynecologists (T32)
The summary for the Postdoctoral Research Training for Obstetricians and Gynecologists (T32) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Postdoctoral Research Training for Obstetricians and Gynecologists (T32): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by NICHD encourages grant applications from institutions that propose to support postdoctoral research training opportunities for obstetricians and gynecologists.The primary objective of this program is to prepare qualified obstetricians and gynecologists to assume leadership roles related to the Nations biomedical, behavioral and clinical research agenda through a training program composed of a collaboration between a department of obstetrics and gynecology and a department of epidemiology, biostatistics, or preventive medicine (or equivalent).This initiative will increase the cadre of obstetrician gynecologists with good epidemiologic and clinical trials training to better carry out future clinical and translational research. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grants (T32). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary.The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend on the number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. Budget and Project Period. Awards for T32 Institutional NRSA research training grants may be for up to five years and are renewable. Eligible Institutions/Organizations. Institutions/organizations listed in Section III, 1.A. are eligible to apply.Only domestic, non-profit, public or private institutions may apply. Eligible Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PDs/PIs). Individuals with the skills, knowledge, successful past training record, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research training program are invited to work with their institution/organization to develop an application for support. The PDs/PIs should be established epidemiologic, biomedical, behavioral, and/or clinical researchers at the sponsoring institution. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. Number of PDs/PIs. More than one PD/PI, or multiple PDs/PIs, may be designated on the application. Number of Applications. Applicants may submit more than one application, provided that the research training programs are scientifically distinct.
|Federal Grant Title:||Postdoctoral Research Training for Obstetricians and Gynecologists (T32)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-09-049|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 25, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 25, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Dec 12, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 25, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...