Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program FY 2009
The summary for the Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program FY 2009 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Homeland Security FEMA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program FY 2009: The PDM program is subject to the availability of appropriation funding, as well as any directive or restriction made with respect to such funds. The PDM program has been reauthorized through September 30, 2008. PDM grants are awarded on a competitive basis. All remaining eligible subapplications will compete nationally for the remaining PDM funds. COST-SHARE: Up to 75% Federal cost share. Small and impoverished communities may be eligible for up to a 90% Federal cost-share.
|Federal Grant Title:||Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) Grant Program FY 2009|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Homeland Security FEMA|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-09-FEMA-047-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Pre-Disaster Mitigation|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 19, 2008 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 19, 2008 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Jun 20, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Nov 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jan 18, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||80|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- FEMA's Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) program provides funds to States, Territories, Tribes, and communities for hazard mitigation planning and for the implementation of mitigation projects prior to a disaster event. The PDM program provides a significant opportunity to raise risk awareness and reduce the nation's disaster losses through pre-disaster mitigation planning and the implementation of feasible, effective, and cost-effective mitigation measures. The PDM program provides funding to reduce loss of life as well as damage and destruction to property from natural hazards. The Pre-Disaster Mitigation program was authorized by Part 203 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief Act (Stafford Act), 42 USC 5133, to assist States and communities to implement a sustained pre-disaster natural hazard mitigation program to reduce overall risk to the population and structures, while also reducing reliance on Federal funding from actual disaster declarations. PDM funds must be used primarily to support mitigation activities that address natural hazards, although hazard mitigation projects and plans also may address hazards caused by manmade events.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicant Eligibility: Only the State emergency management agencies or a similar office (i.e., the office that has emergency management responsibility) of the State, the District of Columbia, the US Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, as well as Federally-recognized Indian tribal governments are eligible to apply to FEMA for assistance as Applicants under this program. Each State, Territory, or tribal government shall designate one Agency to serve as the Applicant for this program. Each Applicant may submit an unlimited amount of subapplications for eligible planning/ project activities that the Applicant has reviewed and approved in eGrants. A separate management cost subapplication must be submitted for Applicant management costs. Subapplicant Eligibility: The following entities are eligible to apply to the Applicant for assistance: State-level agencies including State institutions (e.g., State hospital or university); Federally-recognized Indian tribal governments; local governments, including State-recognized tribes, authorized tribal organizations, and Alaska Native villages; public colleges and universities; and tribal colleges and universities. Private non-profit (PNP) organizations and private colleges and universities are not eligible subapplicants; however, an eligible, relevant State agency or local government may apply to the Applicant as the subapplicant for assistance to benefit the private entity.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Tony Hake Phone: 202-646-3428 Email: Lloyd.Hake@dhs.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY19 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Fy 2018 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY17 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY16 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation Program
- • Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- More Grants from the Department of Homeland Security FEMA
- • Fiscal Year 2019 Presidential Residence Protection Assistance Grant (PRPA)
- • FY19 Pre-Disaster Mitigation
- • FY19 Flood Mitigation Assistance
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program (Supplemental Appr...