Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices (PRODIP)
The summary for the Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices (PRODIP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bangladesh USAID Dhaka, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices (PRODIP): The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bangladesh is issuing this Request for Applications (RFA) for a five-year, Cooperative Agreement titled Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices (PRODIP), to support democratic governance in Bangladesh. Key objectives for this activity will be to strengthen the Bangladesh Parliament and to enhance the role of civil society in political governance. The overall objective of this activity is to ensure that the Parliament is strengthened as an effective, open and accountable body of democratic governance.
|Federal Grant Title:||Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices (PRODIP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bangladesh USAID Dhaka|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAID-BANGLADESH-388-09-005-RFA|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 05, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 05, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 17, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 17, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 04, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$23,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$20,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Democratic Governance
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- M. Sirajam Munir Acquisition & Assistance Specialist Phone 8855500
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Bangladesh USAID Dhaka
- • USAID Bangladesh Protibesh Activity
- • Living Independently and Being Included in the Community (LIBC) with Disabilities.
- • Addendumusaidbangladesh Call For Partnership Concept Papers For Cox's Bazar Conflict Preve...
- • USAID Bangladesh Request for Information on Basic Education in Bandarban
- • Combating Tuberculosis (TB) in Urban Bangladesh (CombTB)