Public Awareness on Embryo Adoption and/or Donation
The summary for the Public Awareness on Embryo Adoption and/or Donation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Public Awareness on Embryo Adoption and/or Donation: The OPHS is under the direction of the Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH), who serves as the Senior Advisor on public health and science issues to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The Office serves as the focal point for leadership and coordination across the Department in public health and science; provides direction to program offices within OPHS; and provides advice and counsel on public health and science issues to the Secretary. The increasing success of assisted reproductive technologies (ART) has resulted in a situation in which an infertile couple typically creates several embryos through in-vitro fertilization (IVF). During IVF treatments, couples may produce many embryos in an attempt to conceive with several being cryopreserved (frozen) for future use. If a couple conceives without using all of the stored embryos, they may choose to have the remaining unused embryos donated for donation and adoption allowing other infertile couples the experience of pregnancy and birth. Embryo donation and/or adoption is a relatively new process in which individuals who have extra frozen embryos agree to release the embryos for transfer to the uterus of another woman, either known or anonymous to the donor(s) for the purpose of the recipient(s) attempting to bear a child and be that child's parent.
|Federal Grant Title:||Public Awareness on Embryo Adoption and/or Donation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OPHS-EA-06-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Public Awareness Campaigns on Embryo Adoption|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 26, 2006 To receive consideration, applicatio|
|Posted Date:||May 31, 2006|
|Creation Date:||May 31, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jul 26, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants must demonstrate previous experience with embryo donation and/or adoption and be knowledgeable in all elements of the process of embryo donation and/or adoption. Only agencies and organizations, not individuals, are eligible to apply. Eligible applicants include public agencies, non-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations. One agency must be identified as the applicant organization and will have legal responsibility for the project. Additional agencies and organizations can be included as co-participants, subgrantees, subcontractors, or collaborators if they will assist in providing expertise and in helping to meet the needs of the recipients. Any public or private nonprofit organization or agency is eligible to apply for a cooperative agreement grant.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.Gov Help Desk
1-800-518-4726 email@example.com Grants.Gov Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Adoption/Donation Services and Public Awa...
- • FY17 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption...
- • FY15 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Grant Proje...
- • FY14 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Grant Proje...
- • FY13 Announcement of the Availability of Funds for Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Grant P...
- • 2005 Public Awareness Campaigns On Embryo Adoption
- • Embryo Adoption Public Awareness Campaign
- • 2007 Public Awareness of Embryo Donation and/or Adoption Public Awareness Campaign
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project