Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency under ROSS
The summary for the Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency under ROSS grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency under ROSS: The purpose of the PH FSS program is to promote the development of local strategies to coordinate the use of assistance under the Public Housing program with public and private resources to enable participating families to increase earned income and financial literacy, reduce or eliminate the need for welfare assistance, and make progress toward economic independence and self-sufficiency. The Department will measure the success of local FSS programs not only by the number of families who achieve self-sufficiency, but also by the number of FSS families who, as a result of participation in the program, have family members who obtain their first job, or who obtain higher paying jobs; no longer need benefits received under one or more welfare program; obtain a high school diploma or higher education degree; or accomplish similar goals that will assist the family in obtaining economic independence. The FSS program and this PH FSS NOFA support the Department's strategic goal of utilizing housing as a platform for improving quality of life by helping HUD-assisted renters increase economic security and self-sufficiency. The FSS program provides critical tools that can be used by communities to help families develop new skills that will lead to economic self-sufficiency. As a result of participation in the FSS program, many families have achieved stable, well-paid employment which has made it possible for them to become homeowners or move to other non-assisted housing.
|Federal Grant Title:||Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency under ROSS|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5600-N-31|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Public Housing Family Self-Sufficiency under Resident Opportunity and Supportive Services|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 30, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 30, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Apr 10, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Apr 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 06, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$69,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$34,500|
|Expected Number of Awards:||240|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are Public Housing Authorities (PHAs), including Moving to Work (MTW) PHAs, and tribes/Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) that currently administer PH FSS programs or have HUD field office/area ONAP approval of their FSS Action Plan authorizing them to implement a PH FSS program. All applicants must have an approved PH FSS Action Plan on file with their local HUD field office or Area Office of Native American Programs (ONAP) prior to this NOFA's application deadline. Indian Housing Plans do not suffice as a replacement for an FSS Action Plan. Non-profit organizations and resident associations are not eligible to apply for funding under this NOFA.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Dina Lehmann-Kim Phone: 202-402-2430
Program Contact Person [Dina.Lehmann-Kim@hud.gov ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- • Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency Program under ROSS
- • Public and Indian Housing Family Self-Sufficiency Program under the Resident Opportunity a...
- • Public Housing Family Self-Sufficiency
- • Public Housing Family Self Sufficiency
- • Public Housing Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • 2019 Family Unification Program Notice of Funding Availability
- • Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities (Capital Advance)
- • Project Rental Assistance Program of Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disab...
- • Family Self-Sufficiency Program - Renewal
- • Resident Opportunity & Self-Sufficiency Program