Quality Improvement Center on Family-Centered Reunification
The summary for the Quality Improvement Center on Family-Centered Reunification grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families - ACYF/CB, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Quality Improvement Center on Family-Centered Reunification: The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to establish, by awarding a cooperative agreement, one Quality Improvement Center (QIC) to develop a model program to assess and address the array of individual and collective needs of birth families to support timely, stable, and lasting family reunification and family well-being. The model program will: Create systemic change through intentional policy, practice, and culture shifts of agency and service provider staff that promote comprehensive, holistic family-centered reunification services and supports; align with the premise that foster care and foster families should serve as a support, not a substitute for parents and biological families; implement strategies and interventions that promote foster family and birth family engagement, mentoring, and support; provide for maintaining children’s important connections and for children and youth’s normalcy while in foster care; and engage local communities in developing a comprehensive array of services and localized family supports that allow families to build protective factors and thrive within their communities of origin. The QIC will install, implement, and evaluate the model program in 4-6 local sites. The QIC will incorporate information learned through a literature review, a pool of technical assistance (TA) experts, and the input of birth parents, foster parents, youth, courts, and community service providers/support organizations throughout development and implementation of project activities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Quality Improvement Center on Family-Centered Reunification|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families - ACYF/CB (HHS-ACF-CB)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2020-ACF-ACYF-CZ-1839|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 8th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 8th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||April 9th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||April 9th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||July 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 9th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Community Collaborations to Strengthen and Preserve Families
- • Best Practices for the Use of Text and Chat-Based Technology in Child Maltreatment Reporti...
- • National Quality Improvement Center for Collaborative Community Court Teams to Address the...
- • CAPTA: National Quality Improvement Center on Differential Response in Child Protective Se...
- • CAPTA: National Quality Improvement Center on Preventing the Abuse and Neglect of Infants ...
- • Supporting Evidence-Based Home Visitation Programs to Prevent Child Maltreatment
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families - ACYF/CB
- • National Child Welfare Capacity Building Center for Courts