Quentin N. Burdick Program For Rural Interdisciplinary Training
The summary for the Quentin N. Burdick Program For Rural Interdisciplinary Training grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Quentin N. Burdick Program For Rural Interdisciplinary Training: These grants support the education and training of health professions students in rural underserved communities and improve access to health care in rural areas. To address the needs of the rural health professions workforce, this program funds student stipends and interdisciplinary training projects that: (1) use new and innovative methods to train health care practitioners to provide services in rural areas; (2) demonstrate and evaluate innovative interdisciplinary methods and models designed to provide access to cost-effective comprehensive health care; (3) deliver health care services to individuals residing in rural areas; (4) enhance the amount of relevant research conducted concerning health care issues in rural areas; and (5) increase the recruitment and retention of health care practitioners in rural areas and make rural practice a more attractive career choice for health care practitioners. *This program is not included in the Presidents budget for FY 2005. Potential applicants for funds should consider this announcement provisional until final Congressional action on appropriations is taken. Updated information on Congressional action on appropriations will be available on the HRSA website.
|Federal Grant Title:||Quentin N. Burdick Program For Rural Interdisciplinary Training|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-05-091|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Quentin N. Burdick Programs for Rural Interdisciplinary Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 19, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Jan 06, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jan 06, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Mar 23, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include: health professions schools, academic health centers, State or local governments, an Indian Tribe or Tribal organization, or other appropriate public or private nonprofit entities, including faith-based organizations and community-based organizations. Applications must be jointly submitted by at least two eligible applicants with the express purpose of assisting individuals in academic institutions in establishing long-term collaborative relationships with health care providers in rural areas. Applicants must designate a rural health care agency or agencies for clinical treatment or training including hospitals, community health centers, migrant health centers, rural health clinics, community behavioral and mental health centers, long-term care facilities, Native Hawaiian health centers or facilities operated by the Indian Health Service or an Indian tribe or tribal organization or Indian organization under a contract ! with the Indian Health Service under the Indian Self-Determination Act.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Worrell, Mary, Program Analyst, Phone 301-443-5181, Fax 301-443-5461, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Worrell, Mary
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care