RECOVERY ACT(ARRA) National Park Service, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Remove Invasive Plants Near Trails and Overlook at Inland Marsh
The summary for the RECOVERY ACT(ARRA) National Park Service, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Remove Invasive Plants Near Trails and Overlook at Inland Marsh grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
RECOVERY ACT(ARRA) National Park Service, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Remove Invasive Plants Near Trails and Overlook at Inland Marsh: RECOVERY;Remove Invasive Plants Near Trails and Overlook at Inland Marsh; INDU 122947A;14-1035. Invasive plants within a highly infested three acre area surrounding the Inland Marsh Overlook will be treated by two SCA's beginning in May. The primary species targeted within the wetland southeast of the overlook will be aggressive non-native cattails. Treatment will primarily consist of herbicide application to invasive wetland plants. If time allows, upland exotics surrounding the wetland and overlook will be treated and native plant seed will be collected and propagated to establish native vegetation in the treated area.
|Federal Grant Title:||RECOVERY ACT(ARRA) National Park Service, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Remove Invasive Plants Near Trails and Overlook at Inland Marsh|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-ARRANOIINDU100197|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Conservation Activities by Youth Service Organizations|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 14, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 14, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 04, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 04, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 16, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$23,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$23,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is a Notice of Intent to award to Student Conservation Association the Removal of Invasive Plants Near Trails and Overlook at Inland Marsh at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. This agreement was competed in accordance with internal NPS procedures.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Theora McVay Contract Specialist Phone 402-661-1662
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Volunteer Ambassador Program
- • Youth Employment in Southern Arizona - SAGU FY21
- • Scientists in Parks Internship Program - Youth and Veteran Organization Conservation Activ...
- • Engaging Youth through Trails, Roads and Environmental Restoration Projects
- • Youth Work Programs Cross Cultural Learning - Tomaquag Interns
- • National Park Service-Recovery Act-Rehabilitate three trails at Isle Royale National Park
- • National Park Service-Recovery Act-Rehabilitate Trails at Isle Royale National Park
- • Opportunity NPS-09WASO-00001
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • FY2023 Historic Preservation Fund- History of Equal Rights- Preservation Grants
- • Land and Water Conservation Fund State Assistance + Readiness and Environmental Protection...
- • 2023 Grand Canyon and Flagstaff Monuments Fuels Reduction
- • LWCF State Assistance Formula Grants - Acquisition & Construction - FY23 Cycle 2
- • LWCF State Assistance Formula Grants - State Planning - FY23 Cycle 2