Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH)
The summary for the Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCCDPHP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH): CDC announces the availability of fiscal year 2018 (FY18) funds to implement DP18-1813 Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH). This 5-year initiative is to improve health, prevent chronic diseases, and reduce health disparities among racial and ethnic populations with the highest risk, or burden, of chronic disease, specifically for African Americans/Blacks, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islanders, American Indians, and Alaska Natives, by: Supporting culturally tailored interventions to address the preventable health behaviors of tobacco use, poor nutrition and physical inactivity Linking community and clinical efforts to increase access to health care and preventive care programs at the community level Supporting implementation, evaluation and dissemination of practice- and evidence-based strategies on the four topic areas of tobacco, nutrition, physical activity, and community-clinical collaborations that ultimately lead to reduced health disparities in chronic conditions of hypertension, heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, and obesity Funding will support recipients that: Have a history of successfully working with an established community coalition to address issues relating to health or other disparities. Select strategies that address the health disparities in the community based on results from a community health needs assessment process. Have organizational capacity to effectively, efficiently, and immediately implement locally tailored evidence- and practice-based strategies
|Federal Grant Title:||Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCCDPHP (HHS-CDC-NCCDPHP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP18-1813|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 16th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 16th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 11th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 15th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$125,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$900,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||32|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 11th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Grant Announcement Contact
- April Bankston
- Similar Government Grants
- • PPHF 2016: Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) - Financed solely by 2...
- • PPHF 2015: REACH- Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH)-financed in par...
- • PPHF 2014: Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) - financed in part by ...
- • PPHF 2012: REACH: Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health financed solely by 2012...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCCDPHP
- • The National Healthy Brain Initiative
- • Mississippi Delta Health Collaborative (MDHC)
- • Good Health and Wellness in Indian Country
- • Preventing Maternal Deaths: Supporting Maternal Mortality Review Committees
- • Technical Assistance to Increase Tobacco Cessation