Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program
The summary for the Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program: The purpose of the Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program (RESEP) is to help individuals adversely affected by mining, transport, and processing of uranium, or the testing of nuclear weapons, to receive medical care and compensation for illnesses that may have resulted from these activities. This is accomplished by providing competitive grant opportunities to States, local governments, and other health care organizations establish cancer screening programs. The major objectives of the programs are to: Screen individuals for cancer and other radiogenic diseases Provide referrals for diagnostic testing medical treatment of individuals screened Develop and disseminate public information and education programs for the detection, prevention, and treatment of radiogenic cancers and diseases; and Facilitate medical documentation of claims for the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA) program There are seven health care organizations in five southwestern States (Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah) participating in the RESEP Program. These organizations include hospitals, universities, Indian Health Service facilities, medical centers and community health centers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Radiation Exposure Screening and Education Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-11-147|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants for Education, Prevention, and Early Detection of Radiogenic Cancers and Diseases|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 08, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 08, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Feb 24, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Feb 24, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Health care organizations located in the high-impact States cited in the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (P.L. 106-245) i.e., Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming, are eligible to apply. Examples of entities eligible to apply for the funds include (but are not limited to): National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers; Department of Veterans' Affairs hospitals or medical centers; Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) (e.g., Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act, including: Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, and Public Housing Centers), FQHC Look-Alikes, or hospitals;Agencies of any State or local government that currently provides direct health care services; IHS health care facilities, including programs provided through tribal contracts, compacts, grants, or cooperative agreements with the IHS and which are determined appropriate to raising the health status of Indians; and Nonprofit organizations, including faith-based organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care