Region 3 Wildlife Restoration Program (TO STATE F&G AGENCIES ONLY)
The summary for the Region 3 Wildlife Restoration Program (TO STATE F&G AGENCIES ONLY) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Region 3 Wildlife Restoration Program (TO STATE F&G AGENCIES ONLY): The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937, 50 Stat. 917 as amended; 16 U.S.C. 669-669k, now known as the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act, was enacted on September 2, 1937, and began functioning July 1, 1938. The purpose of this Act has been to provide funding for the selection, restoration, rehabilitation, and improvement of wildlife habitat, wildlife management research, and the distribution of information produced by the projects. The Act was amended on October 23, 1970, to include funding for hunter safety programs and the development or the operation and maintenance of firearm and archery ranges. The Act was also amended on May 10, 2019 with the passage of the Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act, Pub. L. 116-17 (16 U.S.C. 669) to facilitate acquiring land for, expanding, or constructing public target ranges, including ranges on Federal land (See Attachment A for more information.) Additional information about the Wildlife Restoration Grant Program (WR) is available on our website here: Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program. WSFR¿s mission is to work through partnerships to conserve and manage fish and wildlife and their habitats for the use and enjoyment of current and future generations. WSFR¿s vision is of healthy, diverse, and accessible fish and wildlife populations that offer recreation, economic activity, and other societal benefits, in addition to sustainable ecological functions. WSFR¿s guiding principle is that society benefits from conservation-based management of fish and wildlife and their habitats and opportunities to use and enjoy them. WR aligns with WSFR¿s mission, vision, and guiding principle, and supports three of the Department of the Interior¿s priorities including: 1) Creating a conservation stewardship legacy second only to Teddy Roosevelt; 2) Utilizing our natural resources; and 3) Restoring trust with our local communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Region 3 Wildlife Restoration Program (TO STATE F&G AGENCIES ONLY)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F20AS00001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2021|
|Posted Date:||October 7th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||October 7th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 31st, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||October 7th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Fish and Wildlife Branch Chief Abbey Kucera 612-713-5137
- Similar Government Grants
- • Region 6 Wildlife Restoration Grant Program
- • R7 Alaska - FY20 Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education - State Fish and Wildlife...
- • R8 - wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education - State Fish and Wildlife Agencies On...
- • R1 - Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education - State Fish & Wildlife Agencies Only
- • R2Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education-State Game and Fish Agencies Only
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)