Regional Advancement and Capability Enhancement (RACE)
The summary for the Regional Advancement and Capability Enhancement (RACE) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Munitions Directorate, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Regional Advancement and Capability Enhancement (RACE): Under theauthority of 10 U.S.C. § 2358, the Air Force Research Laboratory's MunitionsDirectorate seeks unclassified proposals for basic research to provide anassistance mechanism to fulfill the Air Force vision to dominate time, space,and complexity in future conflicts across all operating domains, the ability tooperate at unrivaled speeds, achieve unparalleled global awareness, enhance thereach and effect, and harness the power of complexity for the primary benefitof the public. These capabilities require leveraging and advancing developmentof revolutionary technology and enhanced collaboration between ResearchCenters, other DoD organizations, public entities, academia, private industry,and our operational stakeholders. The Regional Advancement and CapabilityEnhancement (RACE) program supports the Air Force Research Laboratory,Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW) and, potentially, its corresponding weaponsenterprise organizations (i.e. AFLCMC/EB) to achieve these objectives byensuring the appropriate resources and infrastructure are in place to supportthe mission.
|Federal Grant Title:||Regional Advancement and Capability Enhancement (RACE)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Munitions Directorate (DOD-AFRL-RW)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FOA-AFRL-RW-2020-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 1st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 1st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||October 11th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||October 11th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 1st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$9,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||October 11th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All qualified, responsible organizational applicants eligible to receive International Trafficking in Arms Regulation (ITAR) restricted data from academia, the non-profit sector and industry are eligible to submit research proposals.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ashley M Haslauer
Primary Point of Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • Defense Production Act Title III Expansion of Domestic Production Capability and Capacity;...
- • Research on the Use of Autonomy and Unmanned Vehicles in Support of USAF Operations
- • Hypersonic Turbulence Models Research
- • Joint Directed Energy Transition Office (DE-JTO) Educational Initiative
- • Research for Integrated Vehicle Aerodynamic Technologies (RIVAT)
- • Fiscal Year 2006 Test and Evaluation (T&E) Research Program
- • Research and Analytical Support for the Human Effectiveness Directorate
- • Production Technology Partnership
- More Grants from the Munitions Directorate
- • Armament Technology Broad Agency Announcement