Regional Biocontainment Laboratories (Rbl) Construction Program
The summary for the Regional Biocontainment Laboratories (Rbl) Construction Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Regional Biocontainment Laboratories (Rbl) Construction Program: The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) invites applications for Construction Cooperative Agreement (UC6) funds to support the construction of new Regional Biocontainment Laboratories (RBLs) to be used for biomedical research and research training. Funds will be provided to program, design, construct, and commission comprehensive state-of-the-art laboratories that will support research on the NIAID Category A, B and C priority pathogens and emerging infectious diseases. At a minimum, the facility must include biosafety level-3 (BSL-3) and biosafety level-2 (BSL-2) biomedical research laboratories, a vivarium for small animals, and support space for research, administration, and building operations. The RBLs must preferentially support NIAID-funded biodefense and emerging infectious diseases research and will be members of the NIAID Biodefense Network. Additionally, the RBLs will serve as a regional resource for research institutions in the area, and must be available and prepared to assist national, state, and local public health efforts in the event of a bioterrorism emergency.
|Federal Grant Title:||Regional Biocontainment Laboratories (Rbl) Construction Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-04-032|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Infrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 29, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Jul 06, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jul 06, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jan 28, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...