Regional Consortia for High Resolution Cryoelectron Microscopy (U24)
The summary for the Regional Consortia for High Resolution Cryoelectron Microscopy (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Regional Consortia for High Resolution Cryoelectron Microscopy (U24): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to provide regional access for cryoelectron microscopy (cryoEM) laboratories to state-of-the-art data collection capabilities.NIGMS will support consortia of established and early stage investigator laboratories whose research has an established specialization in and dependence on cryoEM.These laboratories will coordinate with each other to share facilities and resources for direct electron detection.Consortia will consist of a host institution which already has a modern high-performing cryoEM installation and proven capabilities for high-resolution data collection, partnered with regional participating institutions.A consortium will support surplus capacity for cryoEM data collection (infrastructure and services) at the host institution and make it available as a resource for the participating regional institutions.Projects will support access for cryoEM laboratories at participating institutions to resources and services at host sites.Projects will (a) contribute to the fixed costs of maintaining the host facility and extend services in proportion to the resources dedicated to the regional users and (b) support access to the facility by the regional laboratories.The host institution need not already have an electron detector; this FOA can help fund acquisition of direct detection equipment.Support is limited to enabling the participating cryoEM laboratories to collect data and perform the initial stages of processing raw images, and does not include other research activities.Consortia will consist of a minimum of 3-5 institutions; award budgets will depend on the number and data collection needs of the regional participating cryoEM laboratories.This initiative is not intended to support service centers of the traditional type in which the host laboratory performs the cryoEM analysis for non-specialist collaborators.
|Federal Grant Title:||Regional Consortia for High Resolution Cryoelectron Microscopy (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-17-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 6, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 6, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jan 29, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jan 29, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 7, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Private institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Special district governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...