Research Grants for Preventing Violence and Violence -Related Injury (R01)
The summary for the Research Grants for Preventing Violence and Violence -Related Injury (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research Grants for Preventing Violence and Violence -Related Injury (R01): The purposes of the NCIPC extramural violence prevention research program are to: - Build the scientific base for the prevention of violence by helping to expand and advance our understanding of the etiology and primary prevention of interpersonal and self-directed violence. - Encourage professionals from a wide spectrum of disciplines of epidemiology, behavioral and social sciences, medicine, biostatistics, public health, health economics, law, and criminal justice, to perform research in order to prevent violence more effectively. - Encourage investigators to propose research that involves the development and testing of primary prevention strategies as well as research on methods to enhance the adoption and maintenance of effective strategies among individuals, organizations, or communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research Grants for Preventing Violence and Violence -Related Injury (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CE-10-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Injury Prevention and Control Research and State and Community Based Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 22, 2010 Lette|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 22, 2010 Lette|
|Posted Date:||Oct 27, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Oct 27, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 21, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Organizations: Public nonprofit organizations; private nonprofit organizations; for profit organizations; small, minority, and women-owned businesses; universities; colleges; research institutions; hospitals; community-based organizations; faith-based organizations; federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments; American Indian/Alaska Native tribally designated organizations; Alaska Native health corporations; urban Indian health organizations; tribal epidemiology centers; state and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau); and political subdivisions of states (in consultation with states.) A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If you are applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, you must provide required documentation from the state or local government as documentation of your status. Attach this documentation behind the first page of your application form or for electronic applications, use a PDF file and attach as "Other Documents" and label as appropriate.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office Technical Information Management Phone 770-488-2700
CDC PGO Technical Information Management [PGOTIM@cdc.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • ATSDR's Partnership to Promote Local Efforts To Reduce Environmental Exposure
- • Emergency Department Surveillance of Nonfatal Suicide-Related Outcomes (ED-SNSRO)
- • National Sexual Violence Technical Assistance Resource Center for Prevention of Sexual Vio...
- • Evaluation of Return to School Programs for Traumatic Brain Injury
- • Overdose Data to Action
- • Collaborative Efforts to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- • Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- • Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2