Research in Adolescent Literacy
The summary for the Research in Adolescent Literacy grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research in Adolescent Literacy: The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), in partnership with the Office of Adult and Vocational Education (OVAE), the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), and the Institute of Education Sciences (IES), US Department of Education, invites research grant applications to develop new knowledge in the area of adolescent literacy. The specific focus of this RFA is on the discovery of cognitive, perceptual, behavioral, genetic, hormonal, and neurobiological mechanisms that are influential in the continuing development of reading and writing abilities during the adolescent years, and on methods for the identification, prevention, and remediation of reading and writing disabilities in adolescents. This RFA will result in grants supporting multidisciplinary research projects (R01), which may be single- or multi-site; the funded investigators will become part of an Adolescent Literacy Research Network.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research in Adolescent Literacy|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HD-03-012|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 26, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Aug 04, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Aug 04, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Webmaster, NIH, Webmaster, Phone not available, Fax not available, Email FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov FBOWebmaster@mail.nih.gov Webmaster, NIH
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...