Research to Prevent Prescription Drug Overdoses
The summary for the Research to Prevent Prescription Drug Overdoses grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research to Prevent Prescription Drug Overdoses: This funding opportunity announcement encourages research that will build the scientific base for the prevention of unintentional poisonings from drug overdoses in the adolescent and adult population (ages 15 to 64 years) in the United States. It solicits proposals from organizations to conduct exploratory/developmental research that evaluates novel approaches to drug overdose prevention and addresses the NCIPC's research agenda priorities related to unintentional poisoning. It is meant to engage professionals from a wide spectrum of disciplines including epidemiology, community medicine, pharmacology, biostatistics, public policy, public health law, justice, and behavioral and social sciences.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research to Prevent Prescription Drug Overdoses|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CE-12-007|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Injury Prevention and Control Research and State and Community Based Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 02, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 02, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Feb 28, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Feb 28, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Jun 01, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants Eligible Organizations Higher Education Institutions: - Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education - Private Institutions of Higher Education The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for CDC support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education: - Hispanic-serving Institutions - Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) - Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) - Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education - Nonprofits (Other than Institutions of Higher Education) For- Profit Organizations - Small Businesses - For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses) Governments - State Governments - County Governments - City or Township Governments - Special District Governments - Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized) - Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized) - Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government - U.S. Territory or Possession Other - Independent School Districts - Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Faith-based or Community-based Organizations - Regional Organizations - Bona Fide Agents A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a legal, binding agreement from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with "Other Attachment Forms" when submitting via www.grants.gov. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) are not eligible to apply. Foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Procurement and Grants Office TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • ATSDR's Partnership to Promote Local Efforts To Reduce Environmental Exposure
- • Emergency Department Surveillance of Nonfatal Suicide-Related Outcomes (ED-SNSRO)
- • National Sexual Violence Technical Assistance Resource Center for Prevention of Sexual Vio...
- • Evaluation of Return to School Programs for Traumatic Brain Injury
- • Overdose Data to Action
- • Collaborative Efforts to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- • Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- • Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2