Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30)
The summary for the Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30): Purpose. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) invites applications for Resource Core Center awards using the NIH P30 funding mechanism to support environments in which basic and applied scientists can assemble to develop a collaborative transdisciplinary alcohol research program. The NIAAA P30 mechanism provides funding for centralized resources and facilities shared by alcohol research investigators. Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers will enrich the effectiveness of ongoing research and promote new research directions. The purpose of this program is to provide resources to foster interdisciplinary, collaborative research on a wide variety of topics relevant to the Institutes mission. These topics include, but are not limited to: the nature, etiology, genetics, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of alcohol use disorders and their biomedical, psychosocial, and economic consequences across the lifespan. Resource Core Centers are expected to act as regional or national resources in their area of expertise and to actively develop research collaborations with outside investigators, as well as provide the means to develop novel research ideas and encourage investigators via pilot projects. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with two related FOAs: Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50) (RFA-AA-10-003), and Comprehensive Alcohol Research Centers (P60) (RFA-AA-10-004).
|Federal Grant Title:||Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AA-10-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Center Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 26, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jan 02, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50)
- • Comprehensive Alcohol Research Centers (P60)
- • Collaborative Minority Alcohol Research Center Development (U54)
- • Alcohol Research Resource Awards (R24)
- • Comprehensive Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS (P60)
- • Alcohol Research Center Grants
- • Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- • Research Partnership Awards for Rapid Response to College Drinking Problems
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...