Resource Management Assistance, Alaska
The summary for the Resource Management Assistance, Alaska grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Resource Management Assistance, Alaska: The principle purpose of the proposed project is to partner with an organization that can provide a workforce to assist BLM staff in resource and recreation management in Alaska and provide public outreach for visitor safety and benefit. Benefits to be achieved through collaboration are resource monitoring, inventory, protection and rehabilitation. Additional benefits for the partner organization are hands on field experience under the guidance of an experienced land manager, technical and safety training; expertise in conservation and natural resources, experience in developing public stewardship and satisfaction from accomplishing important work for the conservation of public land. This project will also provide training activities to improve the expertise of all partners. The BLM and the recipient will seek to work collaboratively to identify and implement projects which would appropriately serve the best interests of the people of the United States. The knowledge and experience received from this program will provide the volunteers with some insight in determining a career path as well as providing much needed experience for future positions
|Federal Grant Title:||Resource Management Assistance, Alaska|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||AK-RFA-08-0012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Recreation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 15, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 15, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jan 17, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jan 17, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 15, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$900,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sandee Smith Grants Management Officer Phone 907-271-5193
lotus notes [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM Wyoming Recreation and Visitors Services
- • Montana/Dakotas Recreation and Visitors Services
- • BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Nevada Recreation and Visitors Services
- • FY2020 BLM WO Recreation and Visitor Services Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Henderson Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
- • Outdoor Information Center
- • Ridge to Rivers
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-CO Youth Conservation Opportunities on Public Lands
- • BLM-CO Abandoned Mine Lands Reclamation Project - San Luis Valley Field Office
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...