Revision Award Mechanism for Support of Animal and Biological Materials Resources (ABMR) to Develop Translational Pilot Projects with Investigators at Clinical and Translational Research Institutions (P40, P51, U42)
The summary for the Revision Award Mechanism for Support of Animal and Biological Materials Resources (ABMR) to Develop Translational Pilot Projects with Investigators at Clinical and Translational Research Institutions (P40, P51, U42) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Revision Award Mechanism for Support of Animal and Biological Materials Resources (ABMR) to Develop Translational Pilot Projects with Investigators at Clinical and Translational Research Institutions (P40, P51, U42): -Purpose. This revision award Request for Applications (RFA) is to enable grantees supported by the Division of Comparative Medicine, NCRR, to strengthen interactions and leverage their NCRR-supported resources to better understand and treat human diseases. This award is for pilot translational research projects aimed at creating new or strengthening existing scientific interactions between (1) NCRR supported Animal and Biological Materials Resources (ABMR, http://www.ncrr.nih.gov/comparative_medicine/) and (2) nationally-oriented clinical and translational research institutions. The goal is to explore the potential for future collaborative research interactions utilizing approaches and models that would be competitive for future research funding. This is a one-time supplement with a potential for future similar announcements with an expansion in scope. -Mechanism of Support. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the NIH Revision Award mechanism to supplement currently NCRR-funded P40, P51, or U42 awards. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The participating organization, NCRR, intends to commit approximately 3M dollars in FY 2009 to fund six-eight (6-8) revision awards total in response to this announcement. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Revision Award Mechanism for Support of Animal and Biological Materials Resources (ABMR) to Develop Translational Pilot Projects with Investigators at Clinical and Translational Research Institutions (P40, P51, U42)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RR-08-011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 02, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Sep 02, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Sep 02, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jan 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Special district governments Small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments State governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...