Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project
The summary for the Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project: This funding opportunity is to fund a demonstration project addressing rural medical communications. The 2014 National Emergency Communications Plan (NECP) recognizes this evolving landscape with the involvement of new stakeholders and changes in technologies and policies impacting emergency communications Response agencies are becoming more connected to each other, requiring that need to communicate and share information during emergencies, such as public health, medical, and transportation agencies, critical infrastructure sectors, and the public. Emergency responders are not always trained for the types of incidents they encounter but can share valuable information and provide situational awareness during response and recovery efforts. Specifically, medical providers require communications systems and procedures to transmit patient information and coordinate an influx of patients following large-scale disasters. As the whole community increases its engagement during emergencies and as technology advances, the need for medical communications and trained personnel increases to ensure coordinated and effective response. To implement the 2014 NECP, OEC needs to improve its understanding of communications among emergency responders and medical personnel, especially in rural communities. To examine rural emergency medical communications, OEC is reestablishing the Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project (REMCDP). The intent of REMCDP is to work with a public health or medical facility to examine communications barriers and identify solutions that enhance existing emergency communications infrastructure.
|Federal Grant Title:||Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division (DHS-OPO)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PD-REM-18-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 10th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 10th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||July 10th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||July 10th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 9th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 10th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- This funding opportunity is to fund a demonstration project addressing rural medical communications.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The entity applying for REMCDP must operate or have access to an existing statewide emergency communications system that is leveraged to address rural health disparities such as mortality rates and cardiovascular diseases. The applicant must also be an emergency communications center (e.g., trauma center).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
- More Grants from the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division
- • FY 19 STC Announcement
- • State Local Tribal Territorial Indicators of Compromise Automation Pilot
- • State Local Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Reporting and Threat Information Sharing Pilot
- • State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Security Operations Center (SOC) Information S...
- • FY 2019 Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program: Refugee and Asylee Assimilation Progra...