SME Support through Financial-Sector Development
The summary for the SME Support through Financial-Sector Development grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Azerbaijan USAID Baku, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
SME Support through Financial-Sector Development: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Caucasus) is seeking applications for an Assistance Agreement for funding a program for SME Support through Financial-Sector Development. The authority for the RFA is found in the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended. The Recipient will be responsible for ensuring achievement of the program objective to aid in stimulating the development of small- and medium-size enterprises through supporting the development of Azerbaijans financial sector. Specifically, this program will: - advise the Azerbaijan Bank Training Center in curriculum and course development and the pursuit of accreditation by and affiliation with western (North American or European) institutions of higher learning as a means to enhance the skills of the industrys workforce; - support the development of the nascent Azerbaijan Micro-Finance Association (AMFA) to support its members and advocate for its members interests and support common objectives; - provide expert assistance to stakeholders on the issue of the legal and regulatory environment in which non-bank lending institutions (such as AMFAs members) operate; - assist the GOAJ and the development community on assessing constraints to the financial sectors development and coordination of efforts to abate these constraints; - develop a credit-enhancement facility through the Development Credit Authority to help micro- and SME-finance companies raise capital for onward lending.
|Federal Grant Title:||SME Support through Financial-Sector Development|
|Federal Agency Name:||Azerbaijan USAID Baku|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||112-05-014|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 31, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Aug 03, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Aug 03, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,385,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,385,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- The purpose of this activity is to aid in stimulating the development of small- and medium-size enterprises through supporting the development of Azerbaijans financial sector.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Source, Origin and Nationality codes for this procurement are 000 (US) and 110 (NIS).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Yeleussizov, Seilkhan, Senior Acquisition Specialist, Phone (9-9412) 498 18 35 ext. 212, Fax (9-9412) 493 68 39, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Yeleussizov, Seilkhan
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Azerbaijan USAID Baku
- • Azerbaijan Business and Professional Association Development
- • Request for Applications (RFA) No. RFA-112-14-000001Azerbaijan Media Support Activity (AMS...
- • Azerbaijan Rights Consortium Project
- • 112-05-003 - Primary Healthcare Strengthening in Azerbaijan FINAL RFA
- • Working to Heighten Awareness through the Media