The summary for the STARBASE Hanscom grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Air Force Academy, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
STARBASE Hanscom: The objective of this FOA is to invite proposals from other than for-profit NFEs that can assist the Air Force in supporting the DoD STARBASE Program. The STARBASE Program is authorized by Section 2193b of title 10, United States Code (USC) as a DoD science, math, and technology education improvement program. The Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs administers policy and oversight; the DoD Components execute the program at DoD STARBASE Academies. STARBASE is funded by the Congress as a Civil Military Program. This requirement is being processed by the USAFA on behalf of Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB) in Bedford, Massachusetts. Other than for-profit Non-Federal Entities (NFEs) will be eligible to submit proposals. The program cost reflects an estimated value for a five-year agreement only. This estimate is not a promise of funding. Funding is uncertain and is subject to change. Notice to Offeror(s)/Supplier(s): Funds are not presently available for this effort. No award will be made under this announcement until funds are available. The Government reserves the right to cancel this announcement, either before or after the closing date. In the event the Government cancels this announcement, the Government has no obligation to reimburse an offeror for any costs. Changes in availability may occur as a result of the exercise of Government discretion.
|Federal Grant Title:||STARBASE Hanscom|
|Federal Agency Name:||Air Force Academy (DOD-USAFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USAFA-FOA-2017-1|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 9th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 9th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||June 1st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||June 1st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 8th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,875,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,875,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 1st, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- STARBASE is funded by the Congress as a Civil Military Program.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All responsible, potential applicants from other than for-profit non-federal entities are eligible to submit proposals. We prefer to award to a recipient inside a 50 mile radius to Hanscom AFB. However, if you are outside the stated radius, we will consider your justification of how you will overcome the logistical challenges outside of the 50 mile radius without deterring from the STARBASE Hanscom AFB mission.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Olivia Epps
Contracting and Grants Officer
Contract and Grants Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • STARBASE Arizona
- More Grants from the Air Force Academy
- • Research on the Use of Autonomy and Unmanned Vehicles in Support of USAF Operations
- • Hypersonic Turbulence Models Research
- • Partnership Intermediary Agreemetns Concerning Improving Technology Transfer and Non-Tradi...
- • Research of Technologies Advancing Corrosion Prevention and Control
- • Project on Advanced Systems and Concepts for Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (PASCC...