Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA
The summary for the Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA: The purpose of the 1890 Scholarships Program is to provide scholarships to support recruiting, engaging, retaining, mentoring, and training of undergraduate students at the 1890 land-grant institutions, resulting in baccalaureate degrees in the food and agricultural sciences and related fields. The scholarships are intended to encourage outstanding students at 1890 institutions to pursue and complete baccalaureate degrees in the food and agricultural sciences and related fields that would lead to a highly skilled food and agricultural systems workforce.
|Federal Grant Title:||Scholarships for Students at 1890 Institutions Program (1890 Scholarships) RFA|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-1890SS-006911|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 29th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 29th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||September 10th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||September 10th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||December 29th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||19|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 10th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may only be submitted by the nineteen 1890 land-grant institutions (as identified in the Second Morrill Act; 7 U.S.C. 322 et seq.), including Tuskegee University. Awards will only be made to 1890 land-grant institutions that have a competitive scholarships awards process (see Part IV § B of this RFA, Field 8, b.). Failure to meet the eligibility criteria by the application deadline may result in exclusion from consideration or, preclude NIFA from making an award. For those new to Federal financial assistance, NIFA's Grants Overview provides highly recommended information about grants and other resources to help understand the Federal awards process. Please refer to the RFA for further pertinent details regarding: Duplicate or Multiple Submissions; Student Eligibility as Scholars; Supporting Documents for High School Applications; and Supporting Documents for College/Transfer Applications.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- FY 2020 1890 Scholarships RFA
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content.
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Higher Education Challenge (HEC) Grants Program
- • Hispanic-Serving Institutions - Education Grants Program
- • Distance Education Grants Program for Institutions of Higher Education in Insular Areas (D...
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Pre-Applications
- • FY 20 and FY21 SBIR Phase I RFA