Self-Help Technical Assistance Centers
The summary for the Self-Help Technical Assistance Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Center for Mental Health Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Self-Help Technical Assistance Centers: SAMHSA?s Center for Mental Health Services is accepting applications for Fiscal Year 2003 cooperative agreements to support five National Consumer and Consumer Supporter Self-Help Technical Assistance (TA) Centers. The purpose of these technical assistance centers is to assist with the improvement of State and local level mental health service systems by providing consumers, as well as supporters, service providers, and the general public, with necessary skills to foster self-help/self-management approaches. Who can apply: In accordance with Congressional authorization, applications may be submitted by public or private domestic, nonprofit entities, including faith-based organizations, which meet the criteria of consumer or consumer supporter organizations as defined in the full announcement. Applicant organizations must have been in operation for a minimum of one year, and key personnel supporting the grant must have been employed by the organization for at least one year. An applicant must complete the Certification of Consumer or Consumer Supporter Organization Eligibility (included in the full announcement), indicating that they meet all eligibility requirements. If an application does not include the Certificate of Eligibility and required supporting documentation as part of Appendix 1 of the application, that application will be returned without review. Est. Funds for FY 2003: $1,865,000 Est. No. of Awards: There is $1,865,000 available for five awards in FY 2003 for three national consumer self-help technical assistance centers and two national consumer-supporter self-help technical assistance centers. An additional $122,000 will be competitively awarded to one of the three successful national consumer self-help technical assistance centers to facilitate the Alternatives Conference. Awards may be requested for a period of 1 year. Each applicant may apply for up to $373,000 for direct and indirect costs. Applications with proposed budgets that exceed $373,000 will be returned without review. Project period: 1 year
|Federal Grant Title:||Self-Help Technical Assistance Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||Center for Mental Health Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SM03-008|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services_Projects of Regional and National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 07, 2003 Applications received after August 7|
|Posted Date:||Jun 06, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Sep 06, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Sep 06, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Morey, Rich, SAMHSA Webmaster , Phone 301-443-8561, Fax 301-443-9050, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Morey, Rich
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative - Category III - Community Treatment and Servic...
- • National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative - Category II
- • Recovery Community Services Program
- • Grants for the Benefit of Homeless Individuals
- • Expansion of Practitioner Education
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Targeted Areas of Need
- • State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination
- • Circles of Care III: Tribal Infrastructure Grants for Transforming Behavioral Health Servi...
- More Grants from the Center for Mental Health Services
- • Cooperative Agreements to Expand the National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative: Community...
- • Cooperative Agreements to Expand the National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative
- • Community Action Grant for Service Systems Change
- • Cooperative Agreements for the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services Program for ...
- • State Incentive Grants for Treatment of Persons with Co-Occurring Substance Related and Me...