Short Courses in Integrative and Organ Systems Pharmacology (R25)
The summary for the Short Courses in Integrative and Organ Systems Pharmacology (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Short Courses in Integrative and Organ Systems Pharmacology (R25): Purpose. The purpose of this FOA is to solicit applications for Education Projects to develop and deliver short courses that will provide students with a 2-3 week intensive research education and training in the area of Integrative and Organ Systems Pharmacology. These courses will introduce students to the knowledge and skills needed for studies of integrative organ system and whole organism biological responses to drugs and other physiological perturbations. The project should develop an appropriate, innovative curriculum to teach basic concepts and experimental techniques. A combination of lectures, demonstrations, and extensive hands-on experience is encouraged. Inclusion of independently funded follow-up experiences at the home institution or through industrial internships is encouraged. Course evaluations and dissemination of the developed curricular materials are expected. The courses are intended to benefit and serve the entire research community, not primarily the host institution. Participation of faculty from multiple institutions is encouraged. Students should be recruited from the national pool of potentially interested scientists. Students will likely be drawn from graduate programs in pharmacology, physiology, toxicology, and related disciplines. However, the course should be open to participation of other students at advanced levels of training and career stages, and to students from industry and government as well as from academia. The research education and training should foster their ability to assume leadership roles in all three sectors. The goal of these Education Projects will be to strengthen the research personnel base in the United States by broadening the exposure of students to training in integrative and organ systems sciences.
|Federal Grant Title:||Short Courses in Integrative and Organ Systems Pharmacology (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-08-010|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 26, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Dec 17, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 17, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 28, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Small businesses For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...