Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase I
The summary for the Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase I grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase I: The purpose of the Federal SBIR program is to stimulate technological innovation in the private sector, strengthen the role of small business in meeting Federal research or research and development (R/R&D) needs, and improve the return on investment from Federally-funded research for economic and social benefits to the Nation. The specific purpose of NIDILRR's SBIR program is to improve the lives of people with disabilities through R/R&D products generated by small businesses, and to increase the commercial application of NIDILRR-supported research results and development products.
|Federal Grant Title:||Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase I|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2019-ACL-NIDILRR-BISA-0316|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 14th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 14th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 15th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 15th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||February 13th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 15th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Each organization submitting an application must qualify at the time of the award as a small business concern as defined by the Small Business Administration. In addition, the primary employment of the principal investigator must be with the small business firm at the time of award and during the conduct of the proposed research. That is, more than one-half of the principal investigator’s working time must be spent with the small business firm during the period of performance. Also, for both Phase I and Phase II, the research or R&D work must be performed in the United States. Joint ventures are permitted, provided that the business entity created qualifies as a small business in accordance with the Small Business Act, 15 U.S.C. 631. For Phase I, the proposing firm must perform at least two-thirds of the research and/or analytic effort. Furthermore, the total of all consultant fees, facility leases or usage fees, and other subcontracts or purchase agreements may not exceed one third of the total funding agreement price. SBIR Eligibility Checklist For-profit small business concern. At least 51% U.S.-owned and independently operated. Small business located in the U.S. Principal investigator’s primary employment with small business during the project. 500 or fewer employees. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Patricia Barrett
- Similar Government Grants
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP): Assistive Technology to Promote In...
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Research on Healthcare Pol...
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase II
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Real Time Pressure Mapping...
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Chronic Disease Management...
- • Field Initiated Projects Program (research)
- • Field Initiated Projects Program (development)
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Projects for Translating t...
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Disaster Assistance for State Units on Aging (SUAs) and Tribal Organizations in Major Disa...
- • Lifespan Respite Care Program: Special Projects to Strengthen Program Development, Impleme...
- • Aging and Disability Resource Center/No Wrong Door System Funding Opportunity: Critical Re...
- • Centers for Independent Living Competition - Guam
- • Assistive Technology Alternative Financing Program