Smith-Lever Special Needs Program
The summary for the Smith-Lever Special Needs Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Smith-Lever Special Needs Program: Special Needs Program is a competitive grants program to State Extension Services at 1862 Land-Grant Institutions to support innovative, education-based approaches to addressing emergency preparedness and specific responses related to natural and man-made disasters.
|Federal Grant Title:||Smith-Lever Special Needs Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Disaster Prevention and Relief Education Employment Labor and Training Environment Food and Nutrition Health Housing Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-SLBCD-002134|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Extension Service|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 26, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 26, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Mar 20, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Mar 20, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jun 25, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$460,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$460,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may be submitted with the approval of Extension Directors of 1862 Land-grant Institutions in the 50 states, American Samoa, Guam, Micronesia, Northern Marianas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project. An applicant's failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the time of an application deadline will result in CSREES not accepting the application or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude CSREES from making an award.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CSREES Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET.
CSREES Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Farm and Ranch Stress Assistance Network
- • Military Families Learning Network
- • Youth Support and Internship Program (YSIP)
- • National Food and Agricultural Sciences Teaching, Extension, and Research Awards
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension
- • New Technologies for Ag Extension Program
- • Iraq Agricultural Extension Revitalization Project
- • Assistive Technology Program for Farmers with Disabilities: State and Regional AgrAbility ...
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects