Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes
The summary for the Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes: The goal of the "Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes" program is to systematically increase the performance management capacity of public health departments in order to ensure that public health goals are effectively and efficiently met. This program will increase the capacity and ability of health departments to meet national public health standards, such as those of the National Public Health Performance Standard Program (http://www.cdc.gov/od/ocphp/nphpsp/index.htm), Public Health Accreditation Board (http://www.phaboard.org/), and National Quality Forum (http://www.qualityforum.org/).
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CD10-1011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Health Outcomes|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 09, 2010 Pleas|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 09, 2010 Pleas|
|Posted Date:||Jul 08, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 26, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 09, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$212,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||85|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include all 50 states, Washington, D.C., 9 large local health departments supporting cities with populations of 1 million or more inhabitants (Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, Texas; Houston Texas; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Phoenix, Arizona; San Antonio, Texas; San Diego, California), 5 U.S. Territories, 3 U.S. Affiliated Pacific Islands and up to 7 federally-recognized tribes with an established public health department structure (or their equivalent) that provide public health services to their tribal members, or bona fide agents of any of the eligible entities. A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state or large city application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required (see Special Requirements section in full announcement document).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • PPHF 2012: National Public Health Improvement Initative (NPHII)-Capacity Building Assistan...
- • Public Prevention Health Fund: Strengthening Public Health Infrastructure for Improved Hea...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2