Studies of HIV in Digestive Diseases Limited to Gastrointestinal Mucosal Immunology and Liver Diseases (R01)
The summary for the Studies of HIV in Digestive Diseases Limited to Gastrointestinal Mucosal Immunology and Liver Diseases (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Studies of HIV in Digestive Diseases Limited to Gastrointestinal Mucosal Immunology and Liver Diseases (R01): The goal of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to support innovative, basic and translational, nonexempt human subjects research in two areas, gastrointestinal (GI) mucosal immunology and liver disease. The emphasis for GI mucosal immunology is on elucidation of mechanisms whereby innate and adaptive immunity in the GI tract interacts with HIV infection in the presence or absence of antiretroviral therapy (ART) and contributes to GI pathology.The emphasis for liver disease is on pathophysiologic mechanisms of injury to the liver and the biliary system during HIV infection and epidemiological studies of liver diseases and disorders in HIV patients. Proposed projects must involve individuals with HIV infection, materials from individuals with HIV infection, or data from HIV-infected individuals.
|Federal Grant Title:||Studies of HIV in Digestive Diseases Limited to Gastrointestinal Mucosal Immunology and Liver Diseases (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-16-016|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 9, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 9, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Nov 3, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Nov 3, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Apr 9, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
For profit organizations other than small businesses
Private institutions of higher education
Special district governments
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...