Summer Research Training in Aging for Medical Students
The summary for the Summer Research Training in Aging for Medical Students grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Summer Research Training in Aging for Medical Students: The National Institute on Aging, in collaboration with the American Federation for Aging Research (AFAR), the John A. Hartford Foundation and other foundation partners, invites applications for a new coordinated national program to provide short-term research training for medical students. This program continues and strengthens the AFAR/Hartford Foundation Medical Student Geriatric Scholars Program, established in 1994, which provided short-term research, clinical and didactic support for medical students, in allopathic or osteopathic schools, to expose them to career opportunities in aging-related research and academic geriatrics.
|Federal Grant Title:||Summer Research Training in Aging for Medical Students|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AG-05-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 18, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 09, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Dec 18, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$130,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • MD-PhD Training Program in Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias and the Behavior...
- • Paul B. Beeson Emerging Leaders Career Development Award in Aging (K76 Clinical Trial Requ...
- • Paul B. Beeson Emerging Leaders Career Development Award in Aging (K76 Independent Clinica...
- • Transition to Aging Research for Predoctoral Students (F99/K00)
- • Integrative Research to Understand the Impact of Sex Differences on the Molecular Determin...
- • Technological Enhancements and Archiving for Surveys of the Elderly: SBIR (R43/44) Initiat...
- • Technological Enhancements and Archiving for Surveys of the Elderly: STTR (R41/42) Initiat...
- • Technology and Aging: NIA Small Business Technology Transfer Program Initiative (STTR [R41...
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...