Support of Advanced Coal Research at U.S. Colleges and Universities
The summary for the Support of Advanced Coal Research at U.S. Colleges and Universities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Energy Technology Laboratory, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support of Advanced Coal Research at U.S. Colleges and Universities: Through its annual Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) DE-FOA-0000584, entitled ?Support of Advanced Coal Research at U.S. Colleges and Universities?, the University Coal Research (UCR) Program supports the Department of Energy?s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy and the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) mission by supporting long-term, high-risk meritorious fundamental research that advances the science of coal technologies at U.S. colleges and universities. Since its inception in FY1979, the UCR Program has maintained three objectives, to be achieved simultaneously, which are: (1) sustain a national university program of research in energy and environmental science and engineering related to coal through innovative and fundamental investigations pertinent to coal conversion and utilization; (2) to maintain and upgrade the coal research capabilities and facilities of U.S. colleges and universities; and (3) to support the education & training of our next generation of scientists and engineers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support of Advanced Coal Research at U.S. Colleges and Universities|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Energy Technology Laboratory|
|Grant Categories:||Education Energy Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FOA-0000774|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||University Coal Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 06, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 06, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Dec 19, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Dec 19, 2012|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,125,242|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Mary Beth J. Pearse, Grants Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • Support of Advanced Coal Research at United States Colleges and Universities
- • Area of Interest 1A - Multiphase Flow Research
- • Area of Interest 2A - Novel New Materials for Energy Conversion from Coal
- • Area of Interest 3- Novel Materials for Sensing or Monitoring in Extreme Environments of F...
- • Area of Interest 2B - Computer-Aided Development of Materials
- • Partitioning and Mechanism Studies for Mercury and Other Trace Metals within Coal-Fired Pr...
- • Water Usage in Future Power Generation Systems
- • Gas Separations
- More Grants from the National Energy Technology Laboratory
- • Notice of Intent to issue 2 Coal FIRST Funding Opportunity Announcements DE-FOA-0002180 an...
- • Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE): Site Characterization and CO2 C...
- • Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE): Site Characterization and Post-...
- • Opp Not for Parties Interested in Partnering with NETL
- • Notice of Intent to Issue Small-Scale Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) Systems for Distributed...