Tajikistan Conflict Prevention Program
The summary for the Tajikistan Conflict Prevention Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Kazakhstan USAID Almaty, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tajikistan Conflict Prevention Program: The purposes of this Amendment are to: 1. Section A ?Grant Application Format?, paragraph ?Cost Application Format?, item E, page 6 ? delete in its entirety and substitute with the following: ? E. Cost share has been recommended to be 25% of the total estimated amount.? 2. Section C ?Program Description?, item 1 ?Program Objective?, page 11 ? delete in its entirety and substitute with the following: ?The USAID Mission in Central Asia, USAID/CAR, is initiating a two- to three-year activity to help prevent potential conflict in Tajikistan. This new $3 million activity will be implemented in Tajikistan, and will be comprised of no more than 2 grants. If two grants are awarded, the $3 million will not necessarily be evenly split among them.? 3. Section C ?Program Description?, item 4 ?Potential Types of Activities?, page 12 ? after the bullets, please add this paragraph ?The types of projects that could ensue as a result of this RFA span a wide range of potential conflict issues and accepted ways of addressing those issues. USAID notes that there are specific components of Tajikistan?s Poverty Reduction Strategy that contribute to the potential for mitigating conflict in varying degrees, and activities funded under the proposed RFA may build upon them. For instance, applications whose ideas contribute to sustained generation of employment as it relates to conflict prevention (through small business development, land tenure, vocational education, agricultural development, etc.), political empowerment (through advocacy, governance, etc.), and improving the quality of life (through health, education, infrastructure, etc.) are especially welcome. While the Conflict Prevention Team holds that poverty in and of itself is not necessarily a direct source of conflict, applicants are encouraged to explore these linkages between conflict prevention and the discreet components of Tajikistan?s Poverty Reduction Strategy. Activities in the field of economics and finance will be closely coordinated with the relevant partners in that area.?
|Federal Grant Title:||Tajikistan Conflict Prevention Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Kazakhstan USAID Almaty|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DCM119-04-004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 04, 2004|
|Posted Date:||May 04, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jul 04, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jul 04, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Conflict Prevention and Mitigation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Toxanbayev, Altay, Grantor, Phone 7-3272-507612 ext. 292 , Fax 7-3272-507635/36, Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Toxanbayev, Altay
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Kazakhstan USAID Almaty
- • USAID/Central Asia Regional Water and Environment Program
- • Nonpartisan Domestic Observation of the 2020 Parliamentary Elections in the Kyrgyz Republi...
- • Election Monitoring and Parliamentary Observation in the Kyrgyz Republic
- • Uzbekistan Education Reform
- • Regional Civil Society Program in Central Asia