Technical Assistance to the Survivors of Torture Program
The summary for the Technical Assistance to the Survivors of Torture Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families ORR, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Technical Assistance to the Survivors of Torture Program: The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) announces the availability of funds for the 2018 Technical Assistance (TA) to the Survivors of Torture (SOT) program. The purpose of the TA SOT program is to ensure that survivors of torture have access to quality services by providing national technical assistance to centers of healing and other ORR-funded organizations serving survivors of torture. Technical assistance activities are focused on the dual objectives of: 1) building capacity to provide holistic and integrated services, and 2) evaluating and strengthening the quality and sustainability of these programs and organizations. Activities may include trainings, consultations, information sharing, maintaining online resources facilitating listservs, sharing evidence-based practices, conducting research, producing resources, facilitating organizational self-assessments, and promoting program evaluation and strategic planning.
|Federal Grant Title:||Technical Assistance to the Survivors of Torture Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families ORR (HHS-ACF-ORR)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2018-ACF-ORR-ZT-1357|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 3rd, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 3rd, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 17th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 17th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 2nd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 17th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As referenced in 45 CFR §75.216(b), HHS funds are prohibited from being paid as profit to any recipient even if the recipient is a commercial organization. Profit is defined as any amount in excess of allowable direct and indirect costs. Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
- Similar Government Grants
- • Direct Services for Survivors of Torture
- • Services for Survivors of Torture Program: Assistance to Torture Survivors Through Direct ...
- • Services for Survivors of Torture Program: Technical Assistance to Organizations and Insti...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families ORR
- • Refugee Agricultural Partnership Program
- • Refugee Individual Development Accounts (IDA) Program
- • Ethnic Community Self Help Program
- • Refugee Technical Assistance Program
- • Direct Services for Survivors of Torture