The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2020
The summary for the The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2020 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the U.S. Mission to North Macedonia, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2020: Summary: The U.S. Embassy in Skopje and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State are pleased to announce the 2020 call for proposals for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation. The Fund was established to help countries preserve their cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for other cultures. Since its inception in 2001, the Fund has helped preserve cultural sites, practices, and objects that are historically or culturally significant in North Macedonia and around the world. Project proposals are due on December 5, 2019. FUNDING AREAS: Through the AFCP Program, the Department of State supports projects to preserve cultural heritage in the following areas: A. CULTURAL SITES include (but are not limited to) historic buildings and archaeological sites. Examples are restoration of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes. B. CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS from a museum, site, or similar institution include archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs. Examples are conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects; needs assessment of a collection’s condition and strategies for improving it; inventory of a collection for conservation and protection purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections. Top priority is given to project activities that are appropriate and in keeping with international standards for the preservation of cultural heritage. An appropriate preservation activity is one that protects the values of the site, object, or collection, or form of traditional cultural expressions as they are understood by stakeholders. Stakeholders may include national, regional, or local cultural authorities, the local community, and others with vested interests in the site and the outcome of a project. Note that only North Macedonia’s entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, Ministry of Culture, or similar institutions and organizations are eligible to apply for the Fund. The Fund can NOT be used to support the following: (1) Preservation or purchase of privately or commercially owned cultural objects, collections, or real property, including those whose transfer from private or commercial to public ownership is envisioned, planned, or in process but not complete at the time of proposal submission;(2) Preservation of natural heritage (physical, biological, and geological formations, paleontological collections, habitats of threatened species of animals and plants, fossils);(3) Preservation of hominid or human remains;(4) Preservation of news media (newspaper, newsreels, radio and TV programs, etc.);(5) Preservation of published materials available elsewhere (books, periodicals, etc.);(6) Archaeological excavations or exploratory surveys for research purposes;(7) Development of curricula or educational materials for classroom use;(8) Archaeological excavations or surveys for research purposes;(9) Historical research, except in cases where historical research is justifiable and integral to the success of the proposed project;(10) Acquisition or creation of new exhibits, objects, or collections for new or existing museums;(11) Construction of new buildings, building additions, or permanent coverings (over archaeological sites, for example);(12) Commissions of new works of art or architecture for commemorative or economic development purposes;(13) Creation of new or the modern adaptation of existing traditional dances, songs, chants, musical compositions, plays, or other performances;(14) Creation of replicas or conjectural reconstructions of cultural objects or sites that no longer exist;(15) Relocation of cultural sites from one physical location to another;(16) Removal of cultural objects or elements of cultural sites from the country for any reason;(17) Digitalization of cultural objects or collections, unless part of a larger clearly defined conservation or documentation effort;(18) Conservation plans or other studies, unless they are one component of a larger project to implement the results of those studies;(19) Cash reserves, endowments or revolving funds; funds must be expended within the grant period (up to five years) and may not be used to create an endowment or revolving fund;(20) Costs of fund-raising campaigns;(22) Contingency, unforeseen, or miscellaneous fees;(23) Costs of work performed prior to announcement of the award unless allowable per 2 CFR 200.458 and approved by the Grants Officer;(24) International travel, except in cases where travel is justifiable and integral to the success of the proposed project;(25) Travel or study outside the host country for professional development;(26) Individual project costing less than US$10,000 or more than $200,000; or(27) Independent U.S. projects overseas.
|Federal Grant Title:||The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) 2020|
|Federal Agency Name:||U.S. Mission to North Macedonia (DOS-MKD)|
|Grant Categories:||Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SMK80020PAS001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 5th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 5th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 12th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||November 12th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 4th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 12th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- The U.S. Embassy in Skopje and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State are pleased to announce the 2020 call for proposals for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation. The Fund was established to help countries preserve their cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for other cultures.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible project applicants are reputable and accountable non-commercial entities that are registered and active in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. Only North Macedonia’s entities, such as non-governmental organizations, museums, Ministry of Culture, or similar institutions and organizations are eligible to apply for the Fund.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- U.S. Embassy in North Macedonia website
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Borka Taneska
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation 2021
- • U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation Grants Program
- • Celebrating Excellence in Journalism
- • Yaounde AEIF 2020 Competition
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity: AFCP Small Grant Competition
- • U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation Iraqi
- • U.S. Mission to Mexico: Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation
- • Preserving Culture, Preserving History!
- More Grants from the U.S. Mission to North Macedonia
- • Media Mentorship Program 2020
- • Establishment of an Academic Partnership in Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Str...
- • Annual Program Statement for Democracy Commission Small Grants Program 2020
- • Annual Program Statement