Training and Technical Assistance Regional Training Conferences
The summary for the Training and Technical Assistance Regional Training Conferences grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Corporation for National and Community Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Training and Technical Assistance Regional Training Conferences: THE FULL ANOUNCEMENT IS POSTED AT THE CORPORATION FOR NATIONAL AND COMMUNITY SERVICE'S WEBSITE, http://www.nationalservice.gov/pdf/nofa_for_regional_conferences_2_15_13.pdf. This Notice of Funding Opportunity (Notice) announces the availability of funding for planning and delivering regional training conferences for AmeriCorps programs and Senior Corps projects in each of CNCS' five regional clusters. CNCS regional clusters are defined in Section II. CNCS acknowledges the need for flexibility in defining regions. Applicants may choose to propose a geographic region different from existing CNCS regional clusters with justification. While other national service programs can and should be invited to participate, the primary target audience for training at these conferences is AmeriCorps State and National programs and Senior Corps projects in the region. These regional training conferences are a critical component of CNCS' training and technical assistance (TTA) strategy in 2013 and CNCS intends for these conferences to build on and leverage previous investments to increase the capacity for national service resources to impact communities. The National and Community Service Act authorizes CNCS to provide training and technical assistance to improve the programmatic quality and accountability of current and potential national service programs and projects. The current training and technical assistance strategy focuses on implementation of CNCS' performance measures and grantee compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements as well as the fiscal and administrative requirements for managing CNCS grants - a unique set of knowledge and skills specific to CNCS programs and projects. The Corporation will host a technical assistance calls to answer questions from potential applicants about this funding opportunity on: February 27, 2013 at 3:30 pm EST the call-in number is 888-469-0941 participant code is 9636191, and March 6, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. the call-in number is 800-779-1454 and participant code is 7703933.
|Federal Grant Title:||Training and Technical Assistance Regional Training Conferences|
|Federal Agency Name:||Corporation for National and Community Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CNCS-COOP02152013|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Training and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 28, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 28, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Feb 19, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Feb 19, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Mar 29, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Planning and delivering regional training conferences for AmeriCorps programs and Senior Corps projects in each of CNCS’ five regional clusters.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- State and local government entities, non-profit organizations, institutions of higher education, Indian tribes, and for-profit organizations are eligible to apply. State service commissions and other organizations that operate or intend to operate CNCS-supported programs are eligible. An applicant may apply as a single organization or consortia of organizations, however, one partner must be designated as the lead applicant. Applicants must have a successful track record of providing training and technical assistance to national service programs and projects. A further discussion of the evaluation criteria can be found in Section V. Organizations that have been convicted of a Federal crime are disqualified from receiving the assistance described in this Notice. Pursuant to the Lobbying Disclosure Action of 1995, an organization described in Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue code of 1986, 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(4) that engages in lobbying activities is not eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Office of Grants Policy and Operations/TTA Application firstname.lastname@example.org 202-606-7515 TTY number is 800-833-3722
contact for any NOFO questions. [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2015 Training and Technical Assistance – Regional Training Conferences
- • FY 2014 Training and Technical Assistance Regional Training Conferences
- • National Providers of Training and Technical Assistance to the Corporation for National an...
- • Expanding Economic Opportunities
- • Strengthening Foundations for Governance
- More Grants from the Corporation for National and Community Service
- • AmeriCorps State and National Grants FY 2020
- • FY 2020 RSVP Competition
- • FY 2019 Day of Service Grants
- • FY 2019 AmeriCorps Indian Tribes Grants
- • AmeriCorps State and National Grants FY2019