Tribal Management Grant Program
The summary for the Tribal Management Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Indian Health Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tribal Management Grant Program: The purpose of this IHS grant program is to enhance and develop health management infrastructure and assist Tribes/Tribal Organizations (T/TO) in assuming all or part of existing Indian Health Service (IHS) programs, functions, services and activities (PFSA) through a Title I Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (ISDEAA) contract and assist established Title I ISDEAA contractors and Title V ISDEAA compactors to further develop and improve management capability. In addition, Tribal Management Grants are available to T/TOs under the authority of 25 U.S.C. Section 5322(e) for the following: (1) obtaining technical assistance from providers designated by the T/TO (including T/TOs that operate mature contracts) for the purposes of program planning and evaluation, including the development of any management systems necessary for contract management, and the development of cost allocation plans for indirect cost rates; and (2) planning, designing, monitoring, and evaluating Federal programs serving T/TOs, including Federal administrative functions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tribal Management Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Indian Health Service (HHS-IHS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2019-IHS-TMD-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 1st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 1st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 29th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 29th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||July 31st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,465,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||14|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 29th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- "Indian Tribes" and "Tribal Organizations" (T/TOs) as defined by the ISDEAA are eligible to apply for the TMG Program. The definitions for each entity type are outlined below. Only one application per Tribe/Tribal organization is allowed. --> An Indian Tribe as defined by 25 U.S.C. 5304(e). The term "Indian tribe" means any Indian tribe, band, nation, or other organized group or community, including any Alaska Native village or group or regional or village corporation as defined in or established pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (85 Stat. 688) [43 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.], which is recognized as eligible for the special programs and services provided by the United States to Indians because of their status as Indians. --> A Tribal organization as defined by 25 U.S.C. 5304(l). The term "tribal organization" means the recognized governing body of any Indian tribe; any legally established organization of Indians which is controlled, sanctioned, or chartered by such governing body or which is democratically elected by the adult members of the Indian community to be served by such organization and which includes the maximum participation of Indians in all phases of its activities: provided that, in any case where a contract is let or grant made to an organization to perform services benefiting more than one Indian tribe, the approval of each such Indian tribe shall be a prerequisite to the letting or making of such contract or grant.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Federal Register publication of full Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Paul E Gettys
Grant Systems Coordinator
Grants Management Office
- Similar Government Grants \n\n
- • Tribal Management Grants for American Indian and Alaska Native Tribes and Tribal Organizat...
- • Tribal Management Grants Program
- • Mental Health and Community Safety Initiative for American Indian and Alaska Native Childr...
- More Grants from the Indian Health Service
- • Office of Tribal Self-Governance Planning Cooperative Agreement
- • Office of Tribal Self-Governance Negotiation Cooperative Agreement
- • Epidemiology Program, Ending the HIV Epidemic in Indian Country, competing supplement 2
- • Epidemiology Program, Ending the HIV Epidemic in Indian Country, competing supplement 1
- • American Indians into Nursing